post replypost new topic

Posted: May 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
I finally feel a little normal today. Directly in line with reading the pages Stacey said to read yesterday and going to 3 meetings. One in the morning one at lunch and then the commuter meeting yesterday evening. The meeting last night was about the third step. And of course some things I needed to hear. I don't know the exact quote, but it goes like. It doesn't work when you throw your whole will into solving your problems. "making a decision" to do something is only the first part of doing it. (The rest is working the steps) And showing up to meetings is part of the willingness. It means turning over every aspect of life, even the small frustration involved in handling children or bad traffic or whatever. I have always been taught that ment not caring. And that is simply not true. It means if you take care of yourself and whats in front of you. That is Gods will. Living in the solution means, if we can discover healthy, ways to meet our emotional and physical needs, then we become less needy, less selfish, less self-preoccupied with what other people are doing. Discovering what our needs are and asking to have those needs met may be one of the most unselfish things we do. I haven't been doing that. I have been running from person to person. Situation to situation. Trying to feel more at ease. Trying to fill that void. I don't pretend I can do this. I don't believe I have changed overnight. I just have come to believe that if I just keep showing up to meetings. Praying for God directed thoughts and taking the next right action. Things will work out. Even better possibly than I thought. (now catch me on my next mood swing LOL!) But for right now. I'm cool

Love
jane
**Edited to say** You know I wrote I've come to believe. I am pretty sure I believed since I got clean from the pills, but I stopped remembering the things that kept me well. So if your reading things and things aren't going real well in your life. Talk to Stacey 24Gordon <BEG> LOLOL!!! Love you all.

This post has been edited by justjane on May 11, 2011, 10:50 AM

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: May 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
As my friend, SKG would say, ~DING~

The shift has begun, my friend, now keep doing the work.

Love you,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 16, 2020, 10:12 AM
48 days SMober and what a fine time to review that step 3...world quarantine. No s***. It’s kinda crazy. For me what a time to get a cold with hacking cough. So I am staying home from work kind of self quarantined. I have a lot of sick time with my job so that is a relief. I guess. I know nothing but when the whole world shuts down over a virus that has such a low death rate I just have to trust God, I immediately realize how much I really like going to work, going to meetings, all the things I enjoy on a daily basis. I realize how glad I am for the base program I have built around me. I know how to live one day at a time. I can do anything for 24 hours like staying home and keeping my social distances. I can have faith that I will be ok. That I will have my daily bread. I am again super grateful that I quit smoking again. Although every time I cough it makes me want one. Crazy huh?! Life goes on today I’ve lived through lots of ends of the world, changes, and self imposed ends of the world and life looking a lot different and changing everything in one day. Seriously this is no different.

Much love and respect ... wash your hands.
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic