post replypost new topic

Posted: April 29, 2011, 8:55 AM
Here I go again. Damn, I am so tired now that I haven't been able to make the 6am meeting. I love that meeting it is full of sobriety and good people. But each morning I just lay here until I absolutely HAVE to go to work. Then I stumble to my coffee and shower. Hopefully my get up and go will come back soon. I miss it. No commuter meeting today, I am headed on a little mini vaca. with the BF we may head down to Zions to do a little hiking. We are both out of shape this year. I haven't done any running because of my neck. I have done a little walking here and there. But that is it. So we will have to do the easy hikes. I think it will be nice. I hope the weather holds out. So see you on Monday.
Unless I go to a noon meeting, then I will let you know how it shakes out

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 29, 2011, 2:06 PM
Oh my gosh, Jane, you just made me realize the fatigue part of it. I remember not being able to make it all day without a power nap of 10-15 minutes around lunchtime.

The good news, if I did that lil nap, I was good. I did start going to bed earlier and I try very hard to get a good 7hrs of sleep a night (I usually would exist on 6hrs). The fatigue will lift, it's part of the wd's from the smokes. Mine was around the 6 week mark so you'll be there soon.

What else I found helped was walking in the fresh air. Enjoy your weekend, and I'm going to suggest for those 2 days that you be free from worry. You can worry when you come back on Monday, just go and experience the freedom & joy of living life & loving your BF.

God bless~
smooches,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 29, 2011, 3:09 PM
Well, good I am glad to hear it gets better <BEG> Thanks with your permission then I will remind myself that you told me that I don't get to worry.
I went to a noon meeting and the shares were a little standard. The one guy shares at EVERY damn meeting I go to. He has alot of sobriety but my God how much of your drunk a logs do I gotta here. But he does make everyone laugh
The reading was on discipline and respect. In the end the only person I really heard was a lady who shared on Self respect and on learning to have it. So maybe I did hear what I needed to. I do need to work on that. I get so pissed at the X for not respecting me or my time. Why would he? I don't... Any who

Off to enjoy a worry free weekend.
Love y'all and boy am I grateful to be clean sober and smoke free today so I can get away from all the things that make me want to use smoke and drink. LOL! Now I can afford it.

This post has been edited by justjane on April 29, 2011, 3:10 PM

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 29, 2011, 4:14 PM
People treat us how we teach them to treat us............Ugh! That saying hit me in the gut. A GF suggested when I was sharing about how I wasn't getting the respect I thought I deserved from my kids, she shared with me maybe they haven't met the new me yet....hmmm....

I set the standard, I set the boundries, and only I can take care of myself and decide what is acceptable behavior and what isn't, and if it isn't, then I do something different.

Oh, and I cannot take credit for the No-Worry suggestion. My BFF suggested it to me yesterday so I'm passing it along to you. Hell, by Sunday, if we keep sharing the suggestion, the whole recovery world might be worry free......seriously, go have some fun~!

xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 4, 2020, 11:17 AM
36 dayyyyzzzz. I am feeling similar to the post above sleepier than normal. I have still been running tho just in the afternoon. Crazy thing tho. I heard that if you hear something 3 times its God. I read some version that was said in the post above in a daily reader from Todays Gift off Hazledon. So the post talks about self respect, teaching others how to treat you, etc.. the thought for the day was be kind and love yourself and it will over flow to others. Before I thought it ment to demand respect from people. Today I read it as be kind , loving, tolerant, and laugh at yourself. Even through your really bad mistakes. If you can laugh and love yourelf that will over flow to others. That is definately what I try to do to others. Over the weekend and the convention I got shuushed. Instead of having a melt down and being pissed off. I thanked the lady and laughed. I honestly didn't realize how loud I was getting. That is progress, that is what I do for myself and as a result for others today. Now that being said it might change tomorrow. I am not perfect haha.. *Shocker!. I am smoke free nic gum free today. I am a little sleepier than normal. At times a little more touchy but all in all Im ok today. Grateful to be smoke free it takes away that "smoke screen" I have put up between me and God. As the smokes clear I can see that.
Much love & respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic