post replypost new topic

Posted: April 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
I went to a meeting last night. The topic was God as we understand him. It was a good reminder that God can and will keep evolving and I had a really good reminder about Progress not perfection. I think prior to my going to meetings I had forgotten to work on my spiritual s***. I had let my communications with my higher power get a little fuzzy. Even now I remember to pray but I don't always remember to listen.
Recently I have had all this stress with my son. And as much as I was willing myself not to I was reacting, reacting, reacting... I talked with my friend Stacey and she helped me process it. I went to meetings. Last night before the meeting I worked on my 4th step stuff. By the time I got to a meeting I had finally let it go. I literally by the time I was on my way to the meeting I was already feeling better. Nothing had changed, except my attitude. When I got home my son stopped by and apologized. He was cute and upbeat and I was in a good frame of mind and we just talked. Then he went back to his Dads and I read some big book and went to sleep early. Trust in God instead of myself. Things sometimes work out and it has nothing to do with how much I have worried and stewed about it. *Sigh* I have serentiy today. I guess I will keep it.
Heart,
Jane

*OH and by the way, I am still smoke free. And as a by product of that I also haven't drank. :)*

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 26, 2011, 10:35 AM
Beautiful read, Jane...........

And this is HOW it works, my friend. I am so grateful that you got through it and have serenity.

Smooches~!

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 1, 2020, 10:40 AM
33 I am. Just waking up. Still smoke free. It’s sounded really good yesterday I ended up eating a lot and that seemed to help. It wasn’t overwhelming so it’s ok, I hung out with some people from our local AA and went to dinner watch the speaker meetings and it was good. We will drive back today. All is well life is good
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic