post replypost new topic
3-5

Posted: April 19, 2011, 7:54 AM
Oh kayyyyyyyy. I hope today is a little better. I am up drinking coffee, going to the early meeting because I have things to do after work. I am going to have a better attitude today. Things are going to clear up. If I start thinking about things that are wrong in my life and letting that be the focus, I will change gears. I have alot to do and alot to be thankful for when I am not mired down trying to run the world, things are pretty damn good. I just wish I felt it. So anyway here I go.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
I hit a meeting and ahhh! a little relief. I heard some things I needed to hear. There was some general shares about feelings. That this too shall pass and just general s*** like that. The funny thing is I need reminded of this daily?? These are basic things. WTF is wrong with me... I guess I am one of them. I was late my sponsor was sharing and I tried to sneak iin but the whole table parted to make room and she admonished me for interrupting her. wich was a little strange. I didn't say anythinig but I am not taking it personal. I needed to be there this morning. I am growing to really love that other people feel the same as I do. Its nice. I think I will try to keep in mind today, that this too shall pass. It will I know it will. Just keeping in the solution is more than half the battle. Its the whole thing.

Love
jane

**edited to add.

I have forgotten how much I have both spirituallly, emotionally and financially. I have seriously been a brat. I talked with a 90 day person today who is where I was just before I started posting on this board. She lives at home with her son, no job, misdemeanor charges, and generally just trying to stay clean. I have so much... Its time I give it away. I told her I would help her work on her resume. I don't know if she will contact me but I reached out anyway.
ABUNDANCE - I take nothing for granted and give thanks daily for the blessings in my life. I am in awe of the endless wonders of the Universe.

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
- Roald Dahl

I've been on a conscious spiritual path for decades now, and as I review the course of my experience, I can see that I have gone through times that seemed relatively ordinary and unremarkable but also long periods that were aglow with synchronicities, signs from Spirit, and fascinating discoveries. Eventually, I realized that I was the one determining the quality of my experiences, for the more I consciously dialogued with Spirit, the more amazing spiritual experiences came my way.

- Julia Melges-Brenner, editor of Kajama
This is a long post because some things are dawning on me. Just before Christmas I was going through a really rough patch. I kept getting signs from the spirit/god/hp Keeping me moving forward. I guess when we look we will see...

This post has been edited by justjane on April 19, 2011, 10:38 AM

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 19, 2011, 11:38 AM
Awesome post to read, Jane.

Today's it's a choice for me to pray, get in line with God and watch all the spiritual experiences unfold or to put the blinders on, focus on the negativety and waste the precious gifts being given to me on a daily basis.

And, a huge savior is that if my day veers off track, I can take that 5 minutes, pray, and start my day over at ANY time in the day.

My friend, SKG on the Alcohol board used to do the "one cool thing today" where his sponsor had him look every day for the "cool thing" that unfolded in that day.

Have a wonderful day. And, yes, it is time to give back and it's awesome that you reached out to the newcomer. That's where I find the joy, love and a lot of my spiritual experiences is helping the newcomer.

Enjoy all of this day.
xoxo

ps...Being late is lack of discipline, that's why your sponsor admonished you. It's what she's supposed to do, it's what was done for me and what I do now for others too. We alcoholics tend to be self-centered and lack discipline..........funny thing, my BFF & I were just discussing this very issue an hour ago. Must be a message for me today.

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: February 23, 2020, 8:51 PM
3-5. Had a great sleep last night. Woke up and went to the nascar race. It was a good day lots of sunshine and good race. Now 7 hr drive back to Utah. I didn’t smoke today. I’m grateful to be smoke free. I did think about it a few times but for whatever reason I remembered why I’d don’t want to smoke. I ask God to removed the obsession I’m thinking the obsession has been lifted but I still have the thoughts. I guess he will remove that too in time. I’m sticking with the quit. Grateful for one more day.
Much love & respect,
jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic