post replypost new topic
Day18

Posted: April 10, 2011, 1:44 PM
Started out my day with an early morning meeting and shared about my trials with E and to my surprise another lady there is goign through the same thing. She has many years in sobriety and we reached out to one another. She also a single mom and various other things we ahd in common. This leads to that and she is my new sponsor. SO *fingers crossed* we are now going to start working the steps. I have made a meeting every day for 18 days. And its working. So I am smoke free so far. And I guess I will add I have also not had anything to drink. I haven't ever really considered myself and alcoholic but I know if I did have a beer or a drink I would probably smoke. SO I have sworn off it at least for a while. I think I told Stacey I would give it 30 days. So I will. Its really not hard for me not to drink, I just don't. Now drugs or cigarettes is a different story. :) So Anyway here I go. Where I am going who knows?

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 14, 2020, 11:44 AM
Day 18. Funny where being open minded leads us.. So many years ago the post above. Where I had agreed to try it for 30 days. Here I am all these years later. Incredible. Not too early not too late but right on time. Lots of times since I came to the rooms I have thought why didn't I find this earlier. I could have saved myself so much trouble. Like the big books says alcohol is but a symptom. I had to work on me. I couldnt hear the message tell I could hear it. The same is true to me this day.
Grateful to be revisiting these posts/journals. I kinda look forward to it. In a way it keeps me commited to the quit. I like the thought that it will work if I work it again.. I would hope that for anyone who relapsed on anything. The God of my understanding is a gracious and forgiving God. I hit my home group meeting last night and for the first time in a while I felt like I was enough. I hope that feeling sticks. Part of it was just realizing its ok to feel uncomfortable in your skin when you walk through things in fact if you do feel uncomfortable your probably learning something.
I also ran on my lunch hour and the sun was out and it felt good A balmy 37. Grateful for life today. I just got delighted by my daughters boyfriend who called to see if I would let him in the house to surprise her with a gigantic boquet of flowers (Its valentines) It as adorable. I am pretty sure he is gonna pop the question pretty soon- not today but soon. I am so grateful to be sober and a witness to it all. God is good.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic