post replypost new topic
Day 17

Posted: April 9, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yawn! I slept so good last ni ght. Up and attem. I have yesterday behind me now. Big stress no slip. Thank you God. I will hit a meeting today with my son in tow. Hope this works. I know its working with my smoking. Surrendering and letting god help. With all my heart I hope my son hears the message. Or at least a seed is planted. Off with my smoke free day. :)

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 9, 2011, 7:13 PM
Well I took BOTH kids and we went to a meeting. It was by far the strangest meeting I have been to. I think the one guy was on some halucinigetics. But there was at least two good shares I have planted the seed. There is a solution. I would love to take them back to a real meeting a good one. But everythign happens for a reason maybe they needed to see/hear that wierd f***er talk about poisonous frogs, licking them. WTF?? Oh well one more day down not using nicotine.

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 13, 2020, 11:14 AM
Day 17 This is funny to read. I still remember the meeting I am describing. In a way I wish I could go back to a time where i could put my kids in the car and hit a meeting. I couldn't go through all the things to come again.. so I guess I will make the most of where I am today. The guy who shared about the frogs turned out to be a big part of my recovery. He just took me under his wing and to a lot of meetings both alanon and aa. Love him. Just goes to show first impressions aren't always real.
I slept well last night. Chewed a half a piece of nic gum on my way to work. Yesterday I went ot lunch with a man in the program. He is actually trans. and I got to know him when he was a she. So we have some history. He is one of the people that reached out to me in my first few meetings. I have a hard time wtih the pronouns now but we can just sit and talk program and be honest and i needed it.
I have my womens meeting tonight. I feel pretty insecure at that meeting now, and I started it. We had a women who moved from Australia and she kinda rocked my world and I now feel less than. I am still praying to God to work through it and learn what I need to so that AA becomes my safe place again.
One more day smoke free. I still have no grasp on feeling like this will be my last quit. I am just for today not smoking and doing something a little extra for my recovery. Grateful for my simple life today. Blessed to now what works.
Much love & Respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic