post replypost new topic

Posted: April 8, 2011, 6:45 AM
What at test. A cigarette surely wont make it any better.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:09 PM
Nope, it'll just add to what you're dealing with....hugs~

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 8, 2011, 7:16 PM
I almost made it. This day was a toughy but a cigarette wouldn't make it any better.

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 12, 2020, 12:04 PM
Day 16 round one million .. jk. I dont know. I still dont know if I trust this quit but regardless if I trust it or not I am here one more day. I worked with a sponsee last night on step 9. Then hit the last half of a meeting o the way home. My sister in law was there. I am pretty sure they are homeless and I haven't heard from her or my brother in months. I was able to just hug her and tell her I love her. I do love her. She is insane but for the grace of God there go I. I didn't corner her and ask her a ton of questions and I didn't even want to. I just turned to a new commer that was there and struggling. I have been graced with a solution today. The only thing I did was take a couple of suggestions and dive in. Today I just continue to show up. I guess its true of any group but there are so many people that I came in the rooms with that are back as new commers. There are so quite a few dead. I dont keep showing up out of fear I genuinely like what I get out of it and as a side note I get out of it- giving it. Crazy and may not make sense but it does to me. I slept really well last night. I went to bed kinda early I had a really bad headache. I am meeting a member of our group for lunch. In a way I am doing the 90/90 may not traditionally. But doing some form of recovery everyday. I always pray and read but also just trying to hit a meeting. Not neccesarily for the 90/90 but just for today. Just something a little extra. Love picking this threa up again I am so lucky its still up. It just captures the newness on daily basis of when I walked into the rooms of AA. It brings me back to the feeling that this all might be possible. Maybe it will maybe it wont but loving the flash backs. I also love reading the comments that my people left. That person has become my inner voice in the best way. I can't loose what she gave me if I keep giving it away.
Much love&Respect

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic