post replypost new topic
Day 13 (lucky??or Unlucky??)

Posted: April 5, 2011, 10:37 AM
Started the day off right. I got to the early 6:30am meeting. Its a great place, the people are just right for me. I believe this will be my home group. So it working for now. I am smoke free and I feel pretty good, in fact I have forgotten that I was "quitting" for hours at a time. So that is something. I am recovering. This is helping.
Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 5, 2011, 8:35 PM
walk ....I said I would excersize everyday some how. I can 't run because of my neck. Got to give it a while to "heal" it does feel better, but not running better. Anywho who cares I can't even talk myself out the door to walk. What makes me think I would run anyways. Geesh take a few months off and look at me. I am a lazy sucker. Ok. so in AA this morning the thought for the day was on brother hood and the night before on not thinking you are any worse than or any better than anyone else. I almost always feel worse than. I was surprised how many people felt like that. So I am trying to work on balance. And feeling like I have something to add. I have 6 nearly 7 years in recovery. That is pretty f***in solid. I didnt work the steps with a sponsor but that doesn't make me any less of a reovery guru. I have been through some s***. Of course with alot of the people here help advice and listening ear. And a super supportive family. And how can I forget my higher power. Who I call GOD. Anyways I only wrote all that so that I have street cred. (LOL) I can add things at meetings, and they have the potential of being helpful. So I can feel a part of things now. I give myself permission. :) Good day today hardly thought of smoking at all.
:) YEAY

This post has been edited by justjane on April 5, 2011, 8:37 PM

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 9, 2020, 11:20 AM
Don’t know if I’m on 13 or 14 or 15. It probably doesn’t matter. I slept really well last night. I also held a big book study for me and my sponsees I have 5 and 3 showed up it was good we did the doctors opinion. The reminder for me that the answer to my problems today lay outside the synthetic knowledge. I didn’t create the time this quit I have been praying and I got dry socket. My sponsor would always say that prayers don’t always get answered the way you think they might . I don’t think God would want me in pain nor do I believe in a punishing God. Today I think it got me to put down the smokes for a minute and get me some clarity. I don’t know if it will last but today I’m not gonna have a smoke. I feel connected. I chair a meeting this afternoon I’m blessed to be a part of a great group of alcoholics. I am gaining a stronger connection to my higher power. I did a long run yesterday In the cold I love to breathe in the air I also stoped at my dads who has COPD and have him some Doterra breathe losenges. Both things were good reminders one Moore day ahead and another under my belt. Here we go just do today

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic