Hanging In There

Posted: September 23, 2015, 9:29 PM
I made 6 months off suboxone on the 13th of September. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to grind willfully through. I was taking 24mgs a day and stopped cold turkey. I was in bed most of the first month. I couldn't make myself get up for anything but the restroom or to take a few bites of food and drink water. I tried several things during this time for the withdrawal symptoms. A heating pad and tens machine placed on my lower back was the best thing for RLS (kicking). I took a multivitamin everyday. I had no help at home. I felt so terrible but knew that time was the only true way to get through it. Time. Looking back, it makes me so sad. I can't believe I found myself in that position at my age. 42. I was successful before the pills then the suboxone. It did help get me off the road to ruin with pills but I wish now I just stopped the pills and never took the subs. I am doing ok now but ok is it. I'm not the person I once was. I feel empty inside. I pray. I walk. It helps. More time is needed. I pray to God that someday I get my whole self back. I'm proud of how far I have come. Hang in there. It's only time.