21 Years Of One Day At A Time

Posted: November 23, 2007, 8:04 AM
After many years of misery, 2 rehabs and a 1/2 way house in Ft Wayne In. I now live in Italy and can see the success in my life! 12NOV07 marks 21 years of clean time. The best part is knowing the honesty I have with myself and that they really are true clean years! What works... all of it. I have structured my own "program" based on the solid foundation learned early in recovery. Perhaps the one thing that stands out the most would have been the 13th step house in Ft Wayne In. Is it still there I often wonder? One thing I never forget about and never wonder... is my disease still there? - I know it is, I am an addict, alcoholic, and seem to see some other "problems" but as long as I continue to strive for better - I will remain in recovery today. A special thanks to "Peg I" of Koala plymouth for all her support in the early years and beyond... thanks mom!
In hopes a newcomer will see the pain can stop - the success will find you if you allow it in your world! 21 years comes from the first day... one day at a time. hugs to all who are in need of them... especially myself!