post replypost new topic
Formaldehyde Smells? Drug Use Or Manufacturing?

Posted: March 4, 2022, 11:53 AM
Go through periods where I smell formaldehyde in or near my apartment below drunk and/or drug addict neighbors. Is formaldehyde associated with any drug use or manufacturing? I smell different pot smells through out the week. There is someone in that apartment 24/7. It's like someone is always there to guard something.

This isn't a chemical used in a home meth lab?

This post has been edited by samegame on March 4, 2022, 11:54 AM

Posted: March 5, 2022, 3:06 PM
If you suspect they are cooking drugs, call the police. I doubt people are guarding anything. They own/rent the property and have a right to be in their own home. If a drug addict lives in their own home, they will do drugs in the comfort of their own home. They won’t leave their home to do drugs elsewhere.

On a side note, you seem to have an unhealthy preoccupation with these neighbors, to the point to where you will post on a family message board for addicts. Most of us are watching out loved ones fight for their lives at this present moment. You have a very simple solution to your problem, move. The rest of us have a lifelong sentence with the hopes that our LOVED ONES live through this horrible thing called addiction.

Posted: March 5, 2022, 5:23 PM
Part of reason I posted here is I was already here posting about alcoholic family. And I'm in the situation now after detaching myself from the alcoholic and situation(which many recommend) Can't do that so easily in the apartment or housing market without much greater cost. Detaching myself from the alcoholic worked. For over a year it was a vacation here. But now it's another drug/alcohol abuse related issue. It's like I traded one problem for another.

The neighbors might not be friends but it's still a drug/alcohol situation to be dealt with. Posting a question about a smell associated with drug abuse is educational wether one has a friend or family abusing drugs/alcohol. Especially in the beginning stages because many aren't wise to all of the signs of drug abuse.

This post has been edited by samegame on March 5, 2022, 5:24 PM

Posted: March 5, 2022, 9:01 PM
Ive read that formaldehyde can be used for dipping joints in (amongst other things), as it gives a simliar high to PCP.
It can be used when "cooking up" meth, and has a vinegar like smell.
It you're concerned at all samegame, call the police. Apart from potential drug making, they could blow the blooming building up.
Much Love
Caraid x

This post has been edited by Caraid on March 5, 2022, 9:04 PM

Posted: June 23, 2022, 10:47 AM
Found a good article. It seems the formaldehyde is the substance that's giving the addict the high as Caraid noted

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92771&page=1

This would help explain the arguments, game play, little sleep and/or restless nature. It also helps explain radical changes in behavior with in minutes.

It is also noted formaldehyde or embalming fluid is essentially pcp.A street name for formaldehyde is 'embalming fluid'

PCP use did not die last century.

https://family-intervention.com/blog...%20several%20ye

Unfortunate blast from the past.

Posted: June 23, 2022, 3:11 PM
It's absolutely crazy what people are willing to put into their bodies to get high. A fluid to embalm dead bodies! The world has truly gone mad.
It's a scarey place at times.
Much Love
Caraid x

post replypost new topic