post replypost new topic
Updates

Posted: June 3, 2020, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone! The site has been pretty quiet lately. There is much going on in the world right now. I thought I would start a post for anyone who would like to share an update which may help you or others. Here's mine:

I am an essential worker and have and still am working since the pandemic started. For a solid two months it was very stressful and just now seems to be getting a bit less stressful. (I work in a privately owned pharmacy with a large gift shop). We wear masks and gloves all day. Its a very busy job.

My daughter has had opportunities to get back home however, as usual, she delays or the person gets frustrated with her and she loses the opportunity. Her communication is not quite as regular. She drops off the radar then reappears usually when she's in a crisis or perceived crisis. Her life is a crisis really...sadly. She doesn't really talk about her health which was so serious before. She's mad everyone has messed things up for her. I think (I hope) her dog is still alive. I've asked her to send me the address where she is. She says yes then never sends it. Its very hard as we all know unfortunately.

Thanks for all your support and please share if you'd like to. We need each other.

Posted: June 4, 2020, 7:35 PM
Hello Sallyana,

Nice to hear your job is becoming less stressful. I truly appreciate the dedication and perseverance of all frontline workers.

My son is still in treatment. At first I thought the pandemic would hinder his recovery journey, but I have since realized it's the best place he can be.

Our world as we know it is changing. Love and well wishes for all. xo

--------------------
I read all the parenting books, we played together, they played with friends. I was there for them before and after school, they played hockey and soccer, we went on holidays. I thought I was doing it right.

Posted: June 4, 2020, 7:44 PM
Hi Sallyana,
Thank you for everything you have been doing during this pandemic!

I've been working from home and keeping busy. My husband is struggling with having everything virtual and not not in person.

I am not sure if your family members are experiencing the same feelings or not.

Posted: June 14, 2020, 12:09 AM
Hi all haven’t been on here for a while, yes definitely a lot going on atm with Covid 19, my situation is stood down, keeps getting extended, as I’m a airport worker, and there’s not much chance of international boarders opening up soon, so I’m just trying to keep busy, some days harder than others, it’s vets tough time for all. On a brighter note my son is doing really well, apparently he has been clean since January, still hard to let my guard down, but there has been big changes, he has put weight on, and just in a better place altogether, he told me early January he was sick of living his life like he was, maybe it was a light bulb moment, who knows, he took himself of on holiday, so the money he was giving me, and I saved it for him, it did go towards a holiday think it was a lot of reflecting on things and just needed time by himself, he had just bought a car, saved up for it, so knowing he’s doing ok, I feel ok, my concern now is when will I be back at work!!but this is all out of my control, Hoping everyone is keeping well though these times, I do still think about people on this site, I do hope sally Anne that your daughter is safe, also toy florid hope your son is doing well sorry for the long post just thought I would check in

Posted: June 14, 2020, 10:06 AM
Sad eyes - that is good news! It gives us hope. It is hard to let the guard down. Those PTSD triggers still throw me for a loop!!

Posted: June 14, 2020, 10:49 PM
Thanks for your updates momfail, Lostgirl, and sad eyes. I'm happy your son is still in treatment momfail. Lostgirl you sound very strong and centered. It was great hearing from you sad eyes!!! Happy your son is doing well too!
post replypost new topic