post replypost new topic
Help

Posted: March 13, 2020, 7:09 PM
my son tried to steal money from me a cple days ago.then the next day went to detox he has left detox early ,saying they cant find a rehab for him to go or that it would be awhile before they did find somewhere t5hat excepts him.now he wants to stay here he has nowhere else to go hell be homeless what should i do?i am his mom and am very scared of the outcome of this.i dont want to see him homeless.but he cant stay here.im afraid he will try to steal again .any recomendations ?i want to help him.but now i dont know whats right

Posted: March 14, 2020, 9:04 AM
'left detox early' is not a good sign.....'says they can't find rehab for him' doesnt sounds good either....So right now he's in active addiction and "wants to stay with you" how convenient! I'd say NO because he's using and he steals. There are shelters he can stay at for free until they 'find him a rehab'. Once they are in your house it's a living hell and you're the prisoner in your own home. No peace. Its too much. Its up to you but my opinion is to say NO and mean it. Also, once they move back in its hard to get them out.

Posted: March 14, 2020, 9:06 AM
Leaving detox early, against medical advice is not a good sign. He doesn't sound ready to change.
You do not have to let him back in your home. Remember all the times he managed to find drugs with out your help.
He can figure this out too.

Posted: March 14, 2020, 9:37 AM
Yes and I think the biggest lesson they have to learn is using illegal drugs and stealing has consequences. If one is not going to choose help then the consequence is homelessness. A + B = C.....Its up to him not you.

Posted: March 14, 2020, 5:30 PM
thank you for all your input as it stands now he is still not allowed back with me no matter how much it breaks my heart and it truly does break my heart to see or hear of him in this kind of situation.

Posted: March 14, 2020, 5:42 PM
Yes it's very heartbreaking. My daughter is also homeless. She has and has had options and she chooses/ has chosen not to take them. I've been telling her to go to the ER for the past month and a half for a severe infection. Still hasn't gone and is getting sicker and sicker. She always ends up doing what she wants with disastrous results. Then she complains nothing ever goes right for her. It's mentally exhausting....

Posted: March 14, 2020, 8:10 PM
they really dont understand what they put us through.i hope your daughter does the right thing and goes to the er .

Posted: March 15, 2020, 10:15 AM
He chose to leave detox early, he's deciding that the other rehab situations are not suitable. He cannot live with you because he decided to steal from you ... seems to me he's deciding to be homeless rather than your actions making him homeless.

Easy to say, hard to implement. But someone else on this thread gave you sage advice: you let them in your house and your life slowly crumbles along with theirs and you will be financially depleted.

Good luck, and seek out al-anon (there is even an online daily meeting at snapchat.com). You will need help to stay strong.

That said, I'm trying to get my daughter out of here.. but I have a granddaughter, which complicates the situation. She is no longer drinking (since she has a court-ordered monitoring device) .. but until she admits her responsibility and part in what all has transpired, she's basically a dry drunk. An according to her, once the scram comes off she's going to learn how to drink just a little and keep it under control. I only hope she's out of here before then.

Posted: March 15, 2020, 9:04 PM
I read somewhere recently a person with an addiction makes the irrational rational (in their own mind). They also tend to minimize their addiction and at some level don't think it's a real problem... If only this or that or this person this or that...I get calls asking for money or asking to live with me but I've never gotten the call 'can you please help me get off drugs, I hate what they have done to my life'.
post replypost new topic