post replypost new topic
Credit Card Info

Posted: February 10, 2020, 7:33 PM
Hi I just want to share this w everyone who has let our loved ones use our credit card for an emergency. I let my son use my card numbers to start up his phone account a few months ago. Then there were a few more things I let him charge. I was uneasy that he had my numbers. I called the company to report my card lost so I could get a new one. I found out I could ‘lock’ the card. To give time to ‘find’ the card without reporting it lost yet. I locked my card just so I would have time to think about it. I still need to call back and report lost. It was a nice was to put the breaks on temporarily. Reading more about it online, lock is also used when you have other authorized card holders and you want to temporarily lock them from performing transactions.

Posted: February 10, 2020, 7:49 PM
Thanks NTF very helpful!

Posted: February 15, 2020, 11:02 AM
Excellent advice

I wish I had seen this earlier I just handled some fraud issues this new year with my cc.

I've seen the alkie abuse a privilege or courtesy like that. The alkie whined his gym membership needed renewing so a senior parent did it with his credit card under the premise it was just to get caught up. Before you know the gym/alkie was doing autopay. The charge was small enough the senior parent didn't notice it for a while.

post replypost new topic