post replypost new topic
Bad Joke...

Posted: February 1, 2020, 9:55 PM
So... I have been traveling at the moment - son IS employed & drug free, got a VERY good job & is starting at the bottom but has great promotion opportunities - future is looking good however is brain is still healing from 20+ years of drug/alcohol abuse & he still struggles with guilt/anxiety/depression & self doubt. He 's working on mending family relationships, really taking positive steps & is progressing. We still get a stab of fear at weird text messages or when he gets down for whatever reason.

Well last night we were at our campsite, just started our campfire & were getting ready to have fried catfish & gaucho beans.... my husband's phone "dings". Received a text from our son - all it says "I got fired today". We both started panicking, my husband said I knew it! I knew it! I knew something was up!! I was almost in tears then we receive another text saying "just kidding... & some other stuff but we were already too pissed off to even comprehend what he was saying & told that was NOT funny & it is WAAAAAAAAY to soon for that sh**!! He needs to knock that crap off & NEVER do that again.

He DID apologize & said he realizes it was bad timing & did not come out right at all but I'm still shaking my head thinking how in the world did he think that was going to be funny?????? :/

Posted: February 2, 2020, 1:56 AM
Its a sign of maturity when you can see things consequentially and from perspectives other than your own.. your son is not there, yet. But at least he's back on a positive path.

Posted: February 2, 2020, 5:50 PM
Ugh.. my 26 yr old daughter who is not an addict pulled a bad joke recently. Called to talk to us about holiday plans, got us both on the phone, and said she was getting a divorce! We both screamed NOOOOOOOOO! Was not funny. My husband had nightmares of her and her daughter and our addicted son coming back home to live. He said he woke from the dream and almost said out loud to me “We should have moved!”

I’m living one week at a time. My son is not ‘out of the woods’ yet but gets a little better each couple of weeks. I force myself not to think too far in advance bc it can tumble in an instant like a house of cards.

Jupiter you are right. You can take him off the street but the mentality, lack of good decision making, stinkin thinkin, immaturity that got him there is still going on.

Posted: February 2, 2020, 10:06 PM
You're right mtnmom, not funny....
post replypost new topic