post replypost new topic
Self-care Ideas

Posted: January 21, 2020, 10:52 AM
What do you do for self-care that helps you relax and not worry so much about your significant other? This can include daily routines, products, services, etc... Looking for new ideas.

Posted: January 21, 2020, 4:02 PM
cycling (as in pedaling) long hours and long miles ;-) and knitting. (I HIGHLY recommend exercise and knitting as a way to get out of habitual thinking and into a "zone").

I want to start meditation, but have not carved time out yet.

And I do a lot of projects around the house.. like reclaiming an old medicine cabinet for reuse in a bathroom I am renovating.

Mostly staying busy with my hands on projects where I can see straightforward progress.

And I have a good group of friends who listen in confidence.

This post has been edited by Jupiter2 on January 21, 2020, 4:03 PM

Posted: January 21, 2020, 8:15 PM
Same with me - walking. I had a treadmill & would walk a half hour to 45 minutes once a day & I bought relaxation CDs & listened to them before bed. There is a free website calm.com, they have a few free recordings that work well for anxiety, but are relaxing too. You can download to phone or iPod & listen to them as necessary. These really helped me when trying to go to sleep.

Posted: January 23, 2020, 12:30 PM
I recently joined the local Y and started swimming. Lap swimming and water aerobics classes. It's wonderful. It's a great stress reliever and I hope to drop a few pounds as well. My AA son is so unstable and irrational, things change dramatically, day by day and even hour by hour with him lately. My stress level is so high at times, I find it difficult to just get through each day. Today, I agreed to drive him around, and my head is pounding with a stress headache just thinking about it.

Posted: January 23, 2020, 1:02 PM
Thanks everyone! You must have intuitively know that I need to up my physical fitness game! Haha.

I love how Jupiter 2 phrased it, "projects where I can see straightforward progress"! It's true that we need to see some progress, somewhere.

I also love the calm app! I use that one a lot.
post replypost new topic