post replypost new topic
Homeless Daughter

Posted: January 19, 2020, 10:47 AM
My daughter is 35 and is homeless. She has been on and off homeless for a few years now since we keep thinking helping her and giving her a place with her 12 year old daughter will turn things around. It has not. Drugs has changed her from doing meth for such a long period of time. She doesn’t work, no drivers license or car and now lives in a squalor drug house a few blocks from us, which I’m grateful she is not on the streets in the freezing cold. She doesn’t seem to be drugging now, she is clear and professes what her plans are but nothing happens. Her daughter lives with us and she is so angry with both he parents not taking care of her like a normal family. The last time AG was kicked out of the house was last Oct because she hooked up with a 25 year old homeless guy and was sneaking him in the house. Yesterday she comes down to the house and informs us she is pregnant. Myself and her daughter were livid. I can’t sleep we all are so angry, sad, disappointed, scared. I believe she wanted this to happen. I don’t want to raise a baby! I don’t want her to have it. What kind of life could a brand new baby have living like that. I’m at wits end. I’m ashamed to say what I pray for 😞 It is so unfair for her daughter who she doesn’t take care of now. I’m devastated

Posted: January 19, 2020, 11:08 PM
Try posting on the Families/partners of addicts. There are others going thru similar situations. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you and her family. Suggest your daughter go to social services to acquire food stamps, to get on low income housing list, etc. there is help there. She needs to follow the program, go to appointments and get her stepping stones lined up.
Do not let her live at your house.

Posted: January 20, 2020, 10:49 AM
Cawmom,

We have moved your post for you. You will get great support in the Families/Partners of Addicts forum.

- the moderators

Posted: April 2, 2020, 2:30 PM
Hello,
I just came across this information. Thought it might apply to your daughters situation:
idk where Good Counsel is located, its worth a phone call!

24 / 7 Crisis Pregnancy Helpline
Good Counsel has a national 24 / 7 helpline (800-723-8331) assisting pregnant women, along with a follow-up Exodus Program for mothers and children leaving the Good Counsel residences, and an outreach assisting those single-parent families who need assistance but not in a home.

post replypost new topic