post replypost new topic
Alkie Complaining Too Many People/enablers Moving

Posted: December 13, 2019, 12:42 PM
The alkie is complaining and beside himself that many of his enablers friends or family have moved/are moving which leaves with no more free mooched rides to & from bars and no crash pads when too drunk to drive home. He's even told his gf if they move it must be with in walking distance of a bar. How selfish is that his party life must be considered when someone moves although his party friends from 20-30 years have literally and physically moved on and he's had comments about them over the decades as well.

Just another indicator of the drunk he is.

This post has been edited by samegame on December 13, 2019, 12:43 PM

Posted: December 13, 2019, 10:46 PM
Samegame I think this over the years has become his way of life and his MO. He's an opportunist but in a negative way. He doesn't genuinely miss these people he just misses what they did for him.....his addiction seems well established (for decades I believe) and he doesn't seem interested in rehabilitation.....so more of the same...

Posted: December 13, 2019, 11:39 PM
oh samegame..... disgraceful! I hope you can refrain from commenting on his rants....

Posted: December 14, 2019, 1:38 AM
More venting, sorry.

His gf a got a mortgage, had saved a down payment and made a bid on a home for which she got a lecture of how ignorant it was not being with in walking distance of a bar. She lost/was outbid but he was actually sweating it for a while(dependent on others so his options are limited) He's also tried to stall family moves by lecturing them even implied/called one stupid(had to move for cost reasons he said they didn't know what they were doing financially). And frowned upon some of his friends quitting the life so to speak.

1/2 century old and has yet to 'move' on literally and figuratively stuck in a twenty something party life.

One reason I posted because it shows the extent of an alkie's or addict's dependency on others and some of the seemingly harmless but routine enabling that goes on.

Posted: December 14, 2019, 6:57 AM
It sounds like he's had quite a few enablers along the way and now they are slowly disappearing. I think living next to the bar gives him a sense of security plus he can walk there and stumble home if he needs to.

It amazes me how much energy they put into their addiction. If only they used that energy into treatment and sobriety.

Posted: December 16, 2019, 1:33 PM
You got it Sallyanna-all the time they spend on their addiction

And that's the scary thought because they are thinking about it even it's to satisfy their personal desires. They are thinking. The chemical doesn't put actual thoughts in their head or turn them into a grifter, manipulator or criminal. They do that acting on their thoughts. The chemical might make it easier and/or with others they were already ripe to go down that road.

Also the alkie's behavior is changing. He was in a butt kissing mode last contact. He is always running a game, playing an angle and/or setting up his next big request. He can run a long con or play a long game so he will spend multiple contacts setting something up. I''ve foiled some simply by stating my opinion on somethings, I've found pre-emptive strikes of sorts can throw them for a loop.
post replypost new topic