post replypost new topic
Can Someone Help

Posted: December 10, 2019, 8:02 AM
Hello. Can someone please help or guide me in who maybe could help me.
Bad things happen in the drug world. My daughter died last year.
A part of her death, makes NO sense. She was doing fantastic on the suboxone treatment plan.
At the time of her death? Her daily therapeutic level of suboxone was present according to the medical examiner, BUT very, VERY high doses of fentynal were present.

Sadly, after 16 yrs. Of using, my daughter was well educated in what not to take together.
I am not getting many answers💔💔 I know she knew better than to take suboxone with fentynal. Also a puncture mark in left hand? She could no long go IV route.... Her veins were done. When needing anything IV, the ER? sadly had to go in through her neck. No veins.

The facts I am writing are hard. I know she was living where she felt afraid. She had just confided in a friend😥
At 41 you cannot chase your kids around telling them, not to move somewhere. And I had no idea💔😥
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Who could help me in understanding how you overdose on fentynal while taking suboxone?
Thanks to anyone with any ideas?
Should I call the DEA?

Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:14 AM
AngelEyes,

We are moving your post to Families/Partners of Addicts, a more active forum where other parents can provide you with support.

- The Moderators

Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:18 AM
Thank you. I guess I felt those taking suboxone would be more familiar with the medication. Where my daughter died, I am not needing support for addiction. I trust you know where my best answer is. Hopefully.
Thank you

Posted: December 10, 2019, 8:49 PM
AngelEyes my deepest sympathy in the loss of your daughter. I'm assuming your daughter was an IV heroin user? I have read where some heroin has been cut with fentynal and it's so strong (I think 50-100X stronger than heroin) overdose results. Prince was addicted to pills he died of an accidental fentynal overdose. My daughter has used heroin while on suboxone and also when she was on methodone. Sometimes she would sell either for heroin. I'm just throwing out thoughts I have...so sad about your daughter. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Posted: December 11, 2019, 12:39 AM
In our area, dealers were mixing fentanyl with heroin, even marijuana, without people knowing. So, it could be something she took was laced with it and she did not know. We had a string of overdoses in the area last year when a particularly potent and deadly form of fentanyl was being added to other drugs.

From your post, I cannot really tell, but it sounds like you wonder about foul play? If so, I would call the police and tell them your concerns.

I am SO sorry to hear you lost your daughter, especially when she was doing well. I know nothing I can say can make things better. Just know we are here for you. Please keep writing.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 12:50 PM
AngelEyes Sorry for your loss and condolences

Sadly this is a common outcome and after a certain point I think even the addict knows it, they might not admit or are in denial but deep down they know it's a possibility as well.

Curious where did they pass away? At home? At a friends? In a rehab? On the streets? Reason I ask where might indicate who gave or sold her the drugs.

Stay strong

Posted: December 13, 2019, 11:28 PM
AngelEyes - I can't add anything to the other parent's comments or questions, but just want to say I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter.... :'(

Posted: December 15, 2019, 1:46 PM
Angeleyes, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and others who have lost their children. So many ups and downs over the years... I give you a hug for the holiday. Unfortunately, there are always unanswered questions. Your daughter loved you and appreciated everything you did for her. I truly believe she is sorry for your pain and sadness and would have lived life differently if she was able to. Remember her good qualities. Wishing you peace. This side of life is harder than I ever could have imagined.

post replypost new topic