post replypost new topic
Something That May Help

Posted: September 11, 2019, 7:49 AM
Not sure really how to start this, but thought it may help some addicts and parents of addicts that have got into a mess with finance, my son this is nearly two years ago, long story regarding his phone bill, changed plan to a new phone he did explain everything to me, but I do forgot things and it was a long drawn out mess with the phone regarding partly there fault and lack of communication, anyway this went on for months and months, phone bill kept getting bigger he was getting stressed out about it, his counciller suggested a financial counciller, which he saw, was very good and thought she would be able to wipe it clean, there are some like like clause's when you have mental Health issues substance abuse problems that can help when you have got yourself into debt, I remember when he was in rehab a women was in debt by a hell of a lot of money and her counciller sorted it out and it was disregarded, I have heard this a few times, maybe it is worth looking into, it would have to be the addict doing the sorting out with the counciller, just thought it may help someone, my sons bill bit complicated didn't get wiped out, but he only ended up paying maybe a 1/4 of it

Posted: September 11, 2019, 6:08 PM
Thank you for the post. a financial advisor is a good idea.

Posted: September 15, 2019, 10:10 PM
Sad eyes this is very helpful info. I did not know this is available. My daughter has a great deal of unpaid medical bills she's never paid, even when she had the money. I think most of her money went towards her doc(s)....sadly. Thank you for sharing this with us.
post replypost new topic