post replypost new topic
My Husband Is A Crack Addict
Di

Posted: May 25, 2019, 12:58 AM
I want to help my husband but his addiction is causing so many problems. He uses all our money and I can't pay the bills. He takes things from the house. I am at the point that I can't help him anymore and I want him to leave but he won't. Does anyone have any suggestions

Posted: May 25, 2019, 9:47 AM
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you are in this situation with your husband. Its sounds like you have tried to help him and there is only so much you can do. His addiction, as you know, will destroy everything. My opinion is its time to help yourself. Value yourself and every part of your life and protect it from his addiction. Don't let his addiction destroy your life. I would suggest having a consultation with a family law attorney (a good one) about how you go about protecting yourself and how to get him out of the house. You may have to leave to save yourself Im not sure get some legal advice and I wouldn't let him know about it.

Posted: May 25, 2019, 12:03 PM
Start saving yourself. Put all valuables at a relatives house where he won’t go to. Or in storage. Start a new bank account. Get him off any of your credit cards. Get your name off his credit cards, loans, bank accounts. Close all joint accounts, loans, cred cards, utilities, cars , insurance. Keep up his medical insurance. Get your paycheck going to your own account.

There’s no easy way to do this. Only if he is out of the house, or in jail or treatment rehab, you will be able to save $ and pay the bills. Otherwise, he will continue to drain you financially. Even when he is ‘trying’ to work , you will be paying for his expenses.

Start figuring out if you can leave the house. Do not tell him your plan or where u are going.

Getting legal afvice is a good idea. And to look for free advice and counseling service for abused women is excellent way to find out about resources in your community

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on May 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

Posted: May 26, 2019, 7:00 PM
One thing at a time - change your checking account. Protect yourself - get him removed from your house, etc.

Posted: May 28, 2019, 12:12 PM
What everyone else said. Worry about yourself and valuables. Addicts are selfish and look at money as a tool to get what they want. I've lived in a house with an alcoholic/addict and sooner or later they will view your stuff as theirs, it won't be stealing to them. They will take liberties.

More important crack is not the most calming drug so your physical safety is in just as much danger as your financial one.

A true partner would not make the relationship about their needs/desires only. The word divorce came into existence for a reason.

Posted: May 30, 2019, 11:55 PM
I agree with what all have said. I just wanted to offer my support. If someone refuses to leave, you generally have to get the law involved. I always suggest looking for resources for support first before making a move. Look for agencies that can help with the suggestions above and prepare yourself.

Posted: June 12, 2019, 6:23 PM
Best thing, leave, get out at all costs

Posted: September 5, 2019, 6:11 AM
How is your Husband now!!!!!
post replypost new topic