post replypost new topic
That Smell! Alkie Body Odors Rarely Noted Yet...

Posted: April 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
One of the most under discussed or under covered issues with alcoholics is their body odor. You have the usual like sweet or alcohol breath. But the alcohol in their system changes their body chemistry and their body odor which in turn interacts with most other scented products including soaps, colognes, shampoos, detergents or even air fresheners.

Also affects certain foods/spice odors-It tends to age or amplify existing fragrances and body odors. Many alkies and addicts are slobs including piles of unwashed clothes, linens or entire uncleaned rooms. The alkie comes here and it takes a few days for the smell to leave. Literally have to air out the place.

Some of that could the alkie trying to cover up by making sure they wear something with a noticeable scent from grooming products or detergents. Or the use of air fresheners, especially in a car. He's worn so much crap for so long he complains if he doesn't smell and artificial smell/fragrance

There are numerous side effects of alcoholism but one of the most noticeable yet least discussed are the odors & smells.

Posted: April 28, 2019, 2:11 AM

Ironic that the alkie here has been told by doctors he has a lot of the signs of diabetes yet he denies he has it and continues to drink like the fish. Yet many diabetics also devolop a body odor.

https://www.healthline.com/health/al...acidosis#causes

Also the alcoholic's body must find other ways to excrete the alcohol other than the urine.

Body odor also be a sign of liver problems. Liver problems are common in alcoholics.

Throw in hangover breath especially in the alcoholic's room, ick

Posted: April 28, 2019, 6:03 PM
Samegame I have smelled the smell you have described too. Its pretty gross actually. I know alcohol is really hard on the liver and can cause liver failure. I'm sorry you have to smell that guy : /
post replypost new topic