Do You Have A Point Of No Return, Can't Go Back?
Posted: April 12, 2019, 3:01 PM

Do you have a point of no return or line that is crossed with the alkie or addict where as far you are concerned there is no going back, that's it?

It could be one word, act, conversation or the repetitive behavior exhibited by the alkie/addict. With me the point of no return was passed years if not decades ago. Calm & event free contact for the sake of others might be the only thing to be salvaged in the relationship.

For me it decades of attitude, being talked to like an employee, lying, manipulation, avoiding debts with me and others. Along with decades of exploiting relationships with those we have in common. Others have to realize they haven't seen what you have seen or experienced.

Do you have a line that once crossed or point of no return where that's it, times up?

This post has been edited by samegame on April 12, 2019, 3:02 PM
Posted: April 12, 2019, 9:12 PM

I think in any relationship, no matter who it is, we have to have healthy boundries. Boundaries meaning what we will and will not tolerate. If there are no boundaries, relationships get very dysfunctional, codependent, and possibly even abusive. After surviving a malignant narcissist mother and a husband of 25 years who turned out to have a secret life, I have pretty clear boundries.
Posted: April 13, 2019, 11:06 AM

Clear boundaries absolutely.

And with that the alkie/addict must know and realize under no uncertain terms there is a point of no return or lines that are crossed in which they will never get back across.

They must realize their life choices aren't a light switch that can be turned on and off. More importantly others don't take kindly to lying, cheating, manipulation and/or criminal grifter like behavior-all those behaviors are considered part of one's true character, the substance can only explain away so much. Nor do they want to tolerate mood swings, rants, diatribes or the obvious physical signs like odors, staggering, staring or stupid talk.

If one wants to get high they need to do on their own with their own time, money and effort. The minute they bring others into the completion of the addictive behavior they open the doors to be judged and/or penalized by friends, family, employers and the law.

The alkie/addict somewhere down line must be told and learn this.

This post has been edited by samegame on April 13, 2019, 11:10 AM
  top of page  Top