post replypost new topic
A Little Update?

Posted: March 29, 2019, 8:43 PM
Well my 45 y/o meth addict son TEXTED yesterday, phone shut off but he can text other iPhones... Claims his relapse was NOT meth but started using Steroids, girlfriend is done with him (we heard this in Dec when he was raging, screaming & crying because he "couldn't live like this" but refused rehab or 911). Claims he was offered a maintenance job, lead worker but turned it down because it 'ONLY' paid $17 per hour to start.... (seriously, son??), Claims he started seeing a previous therapist who prescribed meds to help him with the side effects of not taking the steroids.... He didn't sound desperate, didn't ask for anything other than encouragement, asked me to tell him some of his good qualities & apologized for being a dips*** & hopes to be back to normal very soon.... the problem is, I don't believe a single word he says

Posted: March 29, 2019, 9:06 PM
Wow mntmom, it's hard to know what to think isn't it? It sounds good and I hope it is. I don't understand why he'd turn down a $17 per hour job though???

Posted: March 29, 2019, 10:41 PM
Geeze. I have no great words of wisdom today... It is upsetting when we hear from them. Your son might have been saying things to make you reward him for good behavior.

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on March 29, 2019, 10:42 PM

Posted: March 30, 2019, 8:29 AM
Sallyanna, my son is pretty arrogant, like his addiction wasn't as bad as someone else because he never injected or he didn't use heroin. He minimizes everything & brags about stupid sh**. He worked at a railroad & made about $80,000 a year before he failed a drug test & was fired. I really don't think he turned it down, he probably had to drug test & knew he wouldn't pass.

N2F, that is EXACTLY what I think! Several months ago we made him an offer that if he sought treatment/rehab/counseling or whatever HE needed to get better & could prove he wasn't using, we'd rent a small, cheap apt. for him for a couple of months until he got a job.

We are all disgusted with him & his lies, his brothers won't call him & we avoid him all we can. Fortunately we are in a different state than him so he just can't drop in unannounced.

Posted: March 31, 2019, 2:53 PM
Have you heard anymore from your son mtnmom?

Posted: March 31, 2019, 3:46 PM
mtnmom-meth to steroids.

The alkie here has used/uses uppers and/or steroids at the same time. Don't be fooled steroids are just as dangerous to the user. They still cost money and come with numerous side effects. It's seems like your son is constantly looking for a boost. To me that's either depression or out of shape to do what he wants to do. Throw in alcohol, hang overs, high bp, sports drinks they can become a time bomb.

Also suddenly stopping steroids after long period of use or high doses is no good either. One must incrementally reduce the intake. That includes corticoidal steriods.

Always be careful if you're ever around them. Their behavior will go beyond chaotic.

Stay Safe!

Posted: April 1, 2019, 11:15 AM
Samegame, he is DEFINITELY CHAOTIC!!! Last night me, my Daughter in Law & Son received a message from him "I'm in so much pain, I'm so scared" and he posted a Facebook rant about needing a job, but didn't say what his skills are or a contact number. The message came from yet a different cell number (3rd one in 3 months). Brother responded "if you are in pain, go to hospital", me & daughter in law responded similar but different replies. We both added that we are sad (or pissed) that he only contacts he in crisis & ignores everyone the rest of the time. Yet another sad, vague text wanting to get us all to listen to him but NEVER, EVER takes any advice or seeks help/treatment/counseling to get to the root of his issues.

Posted: April 1, 2019, 12:14 PM
mtnmom. Same here. It's attention seeking behavior. The alcoholic here always talks about HIS predicament which is frequently not getting what he wants or his way.

But steroids alone are bad enough but mixing them with anything else including alcohol is not good. What's going to happen to if he stops steroids suddenly he could go into a depression because he will feel lethargic. This is normal for steroid abusers. This can cause extreme mood swings as well.

If he should make to rehab he needs to tell the doctors about his steroid use.

And be careful around him or talking to him because his temper will be short.

Stay healthy and safe!

Posted: April 1, 2019, 10:09 PM
Samegame, I'm sure it never was Steroids - it is Meth and alcohol and depression and anxiety and drug induced psychosis, and denial, unemployment, lies!! Every single thing he can dabble in, he will. He has zero self control or self awareness. My DIL sent him a message back (as did I) telling him he needs to get help for himself & that we are upset because he only contacts us in time of crisis, he never considers that others have problems too. He answered her back & said he doesn't need detox, he needs a warm loving home filled with laughter....

She asked what he thinks we should do, of course he never answered the question so she continued... told him he's the only person who can decide what help he needs, we can't fix it for him. Reminded him we all love him & he asks for "help" but never wants the help we can give. A good first step would be to check into detox & then go from there.... of course his was he doesn't need detox... He hasn't responded to me because I basically told him the same thing...
post replypost new topic