post replypost new topic
Needing Help Knowing The Signs....
Angel

Posted: February 15, 2019, 1:33 AM
Ive never really been around any drug other then weed but my boyfriend of 3 years is a recovering addict & I've been noticing a big change in him.. attitude, emotions, the way he acts anymore,short tempered... Plz someone help me understand this 💔

Posted: February 15, 2019, 12:07 PM
He was under the influence, for now he's not. If he's young he might not have found his sober self yet. And not all addicts and alkies are not necessarily 'pretty' sober.

If he's sober he's probably just learning to deal with the normal ups and downs most experience on a regular basis and deal with without drinking or drugging. Give it a little more time. If zero progress occurs maybe advise to seek some help, not necessarily another trip to rehab but meetings, counseling etc. And try to keep things moving in a positive direction like work, school, volunteer work ie stay occupied with a purpose.

You can only help, it's not your responsibility to get him to normalcy or a state of calm. Try to avoid what triggers him. If the list gets long or ridiculous try to convince him to seek additional help.

STAY SAFE, Good Luck!

Posted: February 15, 2019, 2:40 PM
How long has been in recovery. If he is just starting his recovery then I would say this is "normal" behaviour. If he has been sober for the 3 years that you have been together, this change sounds more like relapse to me.

Posted: March 19, 2020, 12:28 AM
This will be very short I've been an addict for 33 years and I know of many addicts that live the lie and most of them hide it very well this does not sound like he is using. It sounds to me like normal behaviour he's going through a very tough time at the moment I am extremely sorry to tell you that very few addicts can do it without outside help us addicts are very good Liars manipulators and selfish people it's not because we want to be be its because we are ashamed of who we are. Go with him to a counselling session or n a or go to a yourself ,not n.a, familys anonymous u will find many answers too all your questions. All the best and your health is just as inportant as his if not more so x

Posted: March 19, 2020, 12:31 AM
One thing ,ask him outright and go with what you feel
post replypost new topic