post replypost new topic
Mutipal Adictions

Posted: September 25, 2018, 1:25 PM
I have a 32yr old daughter with addiction and mental illness issues. Until a couple of months ago I was an enabler. She cut off all communication about a month ago. She has just started back speaking with me and one of her sisters(a little). She swears she's not doing anything except alcohol now. In the past she's abused pills and meth. I want to confront her about her recent violent actions and her jumping from one man's bed to the next. Afraid it might make things worse. Confused!

*** We are moving your post to Families/Partners of Addicts. Please do not post personal contact information. Thank you, the moderators ***

Posted: September 26, 2018, 1:30 PM
Mother of 30 yr old daughter. Also mental health and meth user. This last year has been hell. I finally was able to stop enabling. I tried confronting her,foolishly thinking,she would see how wrong she had been. Nothing I did helped, the arrests didn't help,the 6 trips to the pysch ward didn't help. The only thing that worked was when she lost everything.
She is now in a rehab.but she is still fighting the treatnent.
When ever my daughter would ask me something my response became Mental hospital and rehab.
She also tried the but mom im not doing drugs,only drinking once in awhile. It was obvious from her behavior that wasnt true.
She has been away for two months.She has 45 more days of rehab. She is just now realizing what she has lost in the last decade.
post replypost new topic