post replypost new topic
Extreme Enabling

Posted: September 10, 2018, 8:51 PM
Hi. I am Rebecca from Pittsburgh, PA. Mom to four ~ three sons & one daughter. Second born son is a Summa c** Laude graduate from a local university & a heroin addict.

My husband is an enabler to the 10th degree. For anyone that is interested (don't want to bore you with stories we all know) I am so disgusted that I am beginning to think that divorce is the only way out.

Our other children ~ all healthy & well functioning ~ have said as much.

He (the addict) has destroyed our family.

Posted: September 10, 2018, 8:56 PM
Must laugh at my own self for writing "healthy & well-functioning."

Yes, I, too, am in denial whilst admiring the rest of my children and their families.

Knock on wood......they are doing OK.

Posted: September 11, 2018, 10:45 PM
Hi Rebecca,

I am so sorry and I totally understand. Addiction is so horrible. Has your husband been to al-anon at all? Has your son done any recovery type things?

My son has had ongoing drug problems, and I had to draw the line. So hard to watch them.

Please keep sharing here. Hugs.

Posted: September 14, 2018, 8:30 AM
Best.

This board is hard to deal with. These issues are so powerful. I've been the source of so many problems within my family, but I am a parent of a kiddo of similar age...also recently graduated from a local University and back at home. He most certainly is addicted, but not to heroin. If you're ever moved to (and it would serve some utility), share what you can. In my experience, isolation is never a good thing...and being in touch with well intentioned people anywhere and everywhere is
post replypost new topic