post replypost new topic
Explaining To Our Kids....

Posted: August 7, 2018, 11:44 PM
Our son was in jail for 3 months. He called a couple weeks ago, sounded good, the best he has since he went to jail. He wanted to get into Teen Challenge... didn't want to get released to the streets without a plan. Then, a couple days later he calls, insisting I bail him out. saying he needs to get out ASAP. Demanding I bring him F(^_^%%_ Shoes. Says going into a program is stupid.

I didn't bail him out, or bring him shoes. I won't even go into how many pairs of shoes he has given away, lost, sold, etc....

A couple days later, he got out of jail. Then, later that day, he went back for an assault and a couple felony charges. My husband and I adopted his biological children. The oldest is 6. He asks about his bio parents often, and we have tried to maintain contact. Tonight we had to explain to our 6 year old son that his bio daddy is in jail. We didn't want to wait until he is in school to talk about it, as that would be difficult. And we didn't want to lie to him. We also didn't want him to hear about it from someone else.

It is so hard for the family members, especially the little ones. Drugs Suck!

Posted: August 8, 2018, 3:58 PM
I can relate to the changing decisions/moods.

Yes, it is the hardest on the kids and probably the most innocent of the fallout from drugs. It is tough, and I am here for you! Great to "see" you again, too!

Posted: August 8, 2018, 10:16 PM
Sombra - sorry you are still on the roller coaster. my son is in a period of recovery. doing well on the outside but not feeling well on the inside. It is still a challenge. you were right to not bail your son out. and he was not ready to be out - they put him back in. not your responsibility.

he is lucky you have adopted his children. the children will thank you when they grow up.
post replypost new topic