post replypost new topic
Heroin Reovery
laurenzgcug

Posted: July 28, 2018, 11:12 AM
Hi IM Lauren I'm forty nine. Ive been texting and chatting to a recovering addict fir six month. Ive met him in hes home town in Scotland. I'm from England...he lived in England and used heroin and other things for twenty five years. Hes been in recovery for four hes forty seven. Hes very childish and goes hot and cold on me. I told him not to txt again six weeks ago..but two weeks later he txt asking how I was. I told him I had feelings for him and did he have them for me. He told me he had mixed feelings. Nothing nee there as every thing was mixed up with him..i didn't no wher I stood with him. I told him again this as to stop as its hurting me alot. He blocked me. He said to my friend he had to put he's recovery first and that he didn't have feelings for me. Fair enough so why would he have me on a rollercoaster of emotions for six months. Can any one help advice me pls

Posted: July 30, 2018, 9:14 PM
Sounds like the long term drug abuse has him a lil bipolar. I don't know why he would act like that because him stringing you along for all that time doesn't seem like he's putting his recovery first. I bet he does have feelings for you anyways. But still don't get involved with him. You see how he's acting now . So don't waste your time . He seems to just possibly be more trouble to you. Sorry I'm no real help.

--------------------
IT ONLY GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER.!

Posted: July 31, 2018, 8:00 PM
considering his age and length of time he was using, he probably has a lot of baggage and things to work out. If you take the addiction out of the equation, he is childish and has you on a roller coaster of emotions for 6 months. he does not know what he wants. Is this a man you want to spend time with.... you answered your own question. NO. if he contacts again do not respond. maybe the two of you had a good time when together, but maybe he does not have time for a relationship, or he is not sure if he wants a relationship, or someone else came along....
you don't need to be guessing all the time.

Posted: August 5, 2018, 5:15 AM
As hot and cold and on and off as he is, if your not wondering if he likes you then you'll be wondering if he is using again. Sorry, I know I shouldn't judge him. But honestly, he's not the one on here looking for support. So, sorry. But he kinda seems like a basket case.! I'm sorry. That was rude of me. My apologies please.!

--------------------
IT ONLY GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER.!

Posted: January 26, 2022, 9:55 AM
Hi Lauren, just move on. You have six months invested in an online relationship. He told you how he felt, you need to believe him & move on.
post replypost new topic