How To Get Rid From Heavy Alcohol Addiction
puja
Posted: July 20, 2018, 1:17 PM

i am 2o nad my father in law is alcoholic. he is getting alcohol addict day by day as well as he is sick too. he is suffering from some disease. we all family members are very upset due to his addiction. i am posting this post cause i really want some trick or techniques so that i can help my in law to be better and do better with his life. thank you.
Posted: July 22, 2018, 9:07 AM

Hi Puja,

You can read through the old threads and keep posting here. Basically, the best thing to do is to let natural consequences and hope he will learn from those consequences. Addiction is very frustrating. Loved ones can make little impact, usually. Have you tried having a "family intervention" type meeting. Where each of you tell him how his addiction is affecting the family? You can read up on how to do this type of meeting. He really has to decide to quit and there is not much you can do until he decides this for himself.
Posted: July 22, 2018, 1:50 PM

a few years ago our first step in battling the addiction monster was to go to nar anon meetings. Gain a support system - learn as much as you can about your own behavior. Start talking to family members about setting boundaries to protect the family. everyone get on board and set the same boundaries. stop enabling the behavior . discuss among family to agree on what you all will or will not allow the addicted loved one to do. share the pit falls and manipulation techniques - notice what they are and what your response will be so you don't get trapped in manipulation over and over.... that's a start -- bring the family on board as a united front. it will take time, keep at it. the addict one wont believe you are all changing your behavior. it will take time to sink in.

top of page  Top