post replypost new topic
Is She Using Again?
ljr403

Posted: May 1, 2018, 7:39 AM
My 30 year old daughter -a recovering heroin addict- recently came for a weekend visit with her boyfriend . Their flight landed in the earl a.m. and although we are less than a2hour drive from the airport, they didn’t show up until 5pm
Her bf was very antisocial all weekend and I noticed both of them nodding out once -which could be from the are taking. After they left I went to check there room on the second floor to close the windows etc and I found a couple of straightened paper clips with residue on them
Re was also some blood on their towels So not wanting to confront her without being sure, I looked through the garbage bag that they had left in the trash and I saw several hypodermic needles
I confronted my daughter and she said that she is taking hcg hormone for weight loss.
She has relapsed many, many times and is a master prevaricator. As parents, do you think that I maoverewxtong as she says ?
I want or give her the benefit of the doubt, but I can’t get past the evidence

Posted: May 1, 2018, 9:47 AM
Not only are addicts masters when it comes to denial...so are parents.

I was naive for so long about my sons alcohol use and his many convincing lies that I didn't want to "see". Things gave him away though...unable to hold a steady job, always having "emergencies" that cost me money. etc. etc.

I would do as much research on the internet about heroin as you can so your less naive in the future and always remember the three Cs...

You didn't Cause this
You can't Control this
You can't Cure this

Posted: May 2, 2018, 8:31 AM
I agree. As much as you wish it wasn't so, she is using again.
myself too, did not want to believe what was in front of me at times.

partly bc I don't want to deal with it, tired of dealing w it, wish we (family) were not in this situation, wish we could move on with enjoying life w out talking about addiction issues every day, which consumes 80% of my brain resources. I want my son to be normal and family to be normal. therefore, my brain does not want to see that something is getting worse instead of better.

Posted: May 3, 2018, 8:27 PM
Hi, This is what’s happened to me over and over again. They can get us feeling so guilty like we’re not meant to be suspicious of them when really how can we not be. I would say she’s using again. There’s too many clues. You would think if they were going to try to be convincing they would at least try to get rid of the evidence. I’m so sorry, because I know it doesn’t matter how many times we get let down it’s still disappointing. Take care of you!! That’s something you have control over. Mary.

Thinking of you and wishing everyone well. Mary
post replypost new topic