Today Is All About Me A Mum
Posted: November 22, 2017, 12:10 PM

Today I woke up and thought , you know what I am not even going to think about my drug addict son, I am going to pretend I am in this world with me and my Husband and my good son . So today is all about me. My bad son is 41 he has been an addict since he was 18. Thats it no more talk about him. I got up this morning looked at the lovely autumn (fall) colours on the trees and thought you know what its good to be alive and well. I had a bath went to the shop and bought myself some treats. I have done things today with a clear mind as at long last I have realised that I do not have any problem in my life but other people do and they are not my bloody problems so to hell with it let them lead the life they want and I will lead my life.

Had a great day no bad thoughts etc etc Go on all you mums treat yourself to a mind free day and enjoy
Posted: November 22, 2017, 1:47 PM

Yes, I have done that too at times. Take a look around and be thankful, appreciate the little things around us. It is a lesson in the difference between being responsible for yourself vs being in their drama.

I felt this way when a took a few yoga classes. For one hour, I only thought about myself - my body doing the poses. It was an hour for me. It made me see that it is possible to put myself first - how relaxed and nice it felt to be in the present moment. To have control over MY moment, MY day.

That is a therapy technique - when a bad thought comes into your head, just push it way.

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on November 22, 2017, 1:47 PM
Posted: November 22, 2017, 1:50 PM

help... i need serious help.
Posted: November 24, 2017, 4:14 AM

Good for you, Grannie!! We are truly powerless over addictions. Nothing changes by destroying our peace-it accomplishes nothing. Thanks for sharing this post-inspiring!

Jeff, can you share more?
Posted: November 28, 2017, 5:26 PM

A little story, my sister had the most beautiful son, he was so so intelligent went to Queens university in Ireland, alas he took drugs , after years and years of her trying alas he went out one night fell and hit his head and died, she donated his acceptable organs to help others. NOW this is what I am getting at to all you mums i asked her what would she have done differently and her reply was to take a step back years and years ago . So that is what I have done I have stepped back. I am feeling happy I have discovered this is my life my son made his life choices and he must live with them ONE LIFE LIVE IT. So today is my day I will do what i want and will try to push him from my life he must love what he is doing otherwise he would not do it. Come on all you mums give yourself a break and live for YOU. YOU are one ONE person and you cannot live for anyone else
Posted: November 28, 2017, 5:28 PM

Jeff are you OK if you need to talk more we are here
Posted: November 29, 2017, 10:06 AM

Oh dear today a bad day, having not heard from my son for a week I get an incoherent phone call to say he was locked in the police station all night whoo hoo should have kept him, anyway he was looking for money again. me to him not forthcoming. I feel numb and feel guilty for feeling that way but drugs make you feel like that they take emotions away from the users and emotions away fro m the loved ones. Must be strong as today is my good sons birthday so being falsely happy for him and worrying about my bad son , God help us all xxxxx

Posted: November 29, 2017, 5:21 PM

Hi Grannie, Love your posts and so true what you say. I think after awhile we do become numb and so used to it that it gets easier for us to step away than to deal with it. I wonder sometimes if they even remember life before the drugs. Gosh mine has been on drugs so long now. I'm 18 yrs into this drug life. It changes us mothers too and puts a sadness in our hearts that never leaves no matter what. I believe in broken hearts now. Take care. Mary.๐Ÿ’œ
Posted: December 1, 2017, 4:59 AM

Good for you Grannie! Have a great life!
Posted: December 20, 2017, 2:30 AM

Thanks Mary , anyone else dreading Christmas, I for one am. It was 23 years ago on xmas eve that i found out my eldest son was a heroin addict. I get very anxious around this time of year used to enjoy it but not any more. God bless all Mothers
Posted: December 20, 2017, 10:26 PM

Hi Grannie, I think the majority of us dread all the holidays. I always noticed that if anything was going to hit the fan, it would happens during the holidays. I see your 23 yrs into this misery. It's like we've lived two different lives, isn't it? The life before the drugs took our kids and the life after our kids got addicted to drugs. Sometimes it's hard to remember how it was before and what occupied my mind when I didn't have a drug addict to worry about. But look at us Grannie, how we've managed to get through the bad/sad times and we survived that hell and misery. What didn't kill us made us stronger! That's the truth! I hope we all have a quiet peaceful Christmas because we all deserve to as we've been through enough. Merry Christmas when it arrives Grannie. Take care.Mary๐ŸŽ„

This post has been edited by Mandm on December 20, 2017, 10:34 PM
Posted: December 22, 2017, 1:06 PM

Aww thanks Mary that means so much. I will do my best to have a good Xmas and I hope you do also. Yes too long being a Druggies Mum but its only this last year that I have stepped back and let him fall himself. I will not fall with him and you know what I feel better not knowing what he is doing etc etc etc.. God bless us all especially at this time of year.
  top of page  Top