Bf Snorting Pills. Need Advice.
Posted: May 16, 2017, 8:10 AM

I caught my boyfriend snorting his norcos. (Several times now) His Dr knows and continues to prescribe them. My boyfriend lies to me about doing it until I catch him red handed. We talked and he agreed to rehab which never happened. He continues to do it. He has now become a miserable A-hole. What do I do? Report it again ? I love him very much.

This post has been edited by Nosunshine17 on May 16, 2017, 8:13 AM
Posted: May 16, 2017, 8:55 AM

Your boyfriend is an addict. You reporting it isn't going to change that, it just gets you more involved. You aren't going to like my advice but my it would be to break it off with this guy and move on and not look back. No one in their right mind wants to have a relationship with an opiate addict. You need to look out for yourself and do what's right for you. If you insist on staying in this relationship, please go to a Nar Anon or Al Anon meeting and get some support.
Good luck

--------------------
Michelle
Posted: May 16, 2017, 9:45 AM

Thank you for your response. Nobody but my bf, myself and his Dr know what he is doing. Do I tell anyone in his family? I want to do the right thing. His best friend died a few years ago from this very thing. His friend was in his 30's.

This post has been edited by Nosunshine17 on May 16, 2017, 9:45 AM
Posted: May 16, 2017, 9:53 AM

I would say if you're close to his family, you could let them know but you could end up looking like the bad guy. If you are planning on breaking it off with this guy then it wouldn't really matter.

--------------------
Michelle
Posted: May 16, 2017, 1:38 PM

WTF is his doc doing prescribing Opiates knowing he is snorting them?!?! That's insane!! Let me tell you..Ive had someone In my family as an addict for 10years and I've been one for 7 years. Oxy's are my pill of choice. I've been on opiates for 7 years for pain, Very legitimate pain, but the last 2 years I spent snorting them. THATS when I knew it was a problem, was when I started snorting them as I couldn't get "high" off of them anymore. But in the first 5 years I took as prescribed, 12/per day. I'd get a 28 day script-336 pills that always lasted until I started snorting, when I snorted they'd be gone in 5 days! Ya snorting 40-60/Day..When u start snorting it's a BIG problem. It's way past anything you can do for him. If you love him, you tell him he has a problem and he needs to stop. He HAS to do it for himself..HAS TO! I started cutting back on my own,told my doc I'm tired of taking pills, Cuz I hated who I am on them. A zombie for 5 days and then craving them till I picked them up again. I'm a mom, wife I take care of a home and everything with 2 teenage kids I Got tired of it..No one could've stopped me when I wasn't ready. I am now back to 6/Day working With Ibuprofen and plan to be off of them by the end of the year. I stopped snorting them when I WAS READY.. I wish I could tell you an easy way, but no one can do it for someone they HAVE to want to do it for themselves. Don't try to fix him, you just can't. Before I was an addict, I watched someone I love for 10yrs go through the same cycle..It was bad, it took the doc cutting them off b4 they stopped...You just have to BE SICK AND TIRED OF LIVING LIKE THAT AND WANT TO STOP!! Best of Luck to you Dear, I know you love him, I'm sure he loves you, But as much as I loved my family NOONE could get me to stop, No one knew how bad I was. I Had to do it for myself.❤️❤️
Posted: May 17, 2017, 10:24 AM

I, the youngest of 5 grew up watching my sister(the oldest) strung out on drugs, heroin was her choice. I would find spoons and needles in my bathroom. She stole and lied eventually prostitution was how she got her money. She died 3 days before my 18th birthday. I know what drugs do, they scare me. When I first started dating my bf I told him the story, we talked about drugs, he knew how I felt. We have been living together for 4 years. I broke up with him he last time I caught him. He lies and says he doesn't do it. I have to catch him to admit it. The white powder in his mustache? Toothpaste, a runny nose, do I look stupid?? He guilted me for leaving him for "making a few bad choices." Even though he admitted in the Dr's office he can't stop, he tells me he doesn't have a problem and he isn't doing drugs because they are prescribed to him. I guess that's how he justifies it. I see it very differently. Yesterday he went to the dentist and came out with a prescription for more Vicodin even though he just picked his up a few days ago. I told him they won't fill it, they didn't. He thinks because it's a new pain he should get more pills. It's not fair he has to take the pills for his back for his tooth. I'm assuming that can only make sense to an addict. I appreciate your responses. I don't feel so alone.
Posted: May 20, 2017, 11:19 PM

Hi Mimi, You are an inspiration. I wish you well. Mary.

This post has been edited by Mandm on May 21, 2017, 9:31 AM
Posted: May 23, 2017, 7:05 PM

there goes hes pills from hes doc..pain contract say invalid if getting from other dr.drntist who ever...ok
  top of page  Top