next >  post replypost new topic
I Need To Chat To A Heroin Addict

Posted: January 23, 2017, 10:31 AM
i need to speak to a heroin addict
i need advice
someone whos been there done that ,help me understand something

would a person who spiked heroin and was clean for a year go on to use something else?
isnt heroin like the most potent drug?

would you use pills and stuff that aint as strong and heroin if you relapse ?

Posted: January 23, 2017, 10:52 AM
hi
pills? which pills? If we are talking about opioid based pills then yes , effect would be similar to heroin ! I see in America its very popular popping pills , fro tinegers to idlle aged women's to those who are in pain, it seems doctors are very easy on prescribing this kind of pills without properly explaining about addition they bring , very sad!

Posted: January 23, 2017, 10:55 AM
especially if he is in pain.. i personally hate pills and wont take pill for headache if ius not absolutely necessary but on another hand i smoke weed (for last 4,5 days now i will take time off) you have people who stop heroin but then they drink heavily ... dont forget we are all different so what goes for me doesnt need to go for your half

Posted: January 23, 2017, 10:57 AM
did you find anything?

Posted: January 23, 2017, 2:17 PM
Hi - husband is also heroin addict. A couple weeks ago he told me he did crack. He also likes to drink, though that usually is under control (if that is even possible?). He will take Xanax if he can. If he can take Klonipin he'll do that too. Right now he's MIA (I think you know that already though from reading my posts).

Posted: January 23, 2017, 4:42 PM
Hi...I'm a heroin addict...but will and have shot coke...morphine...speed/meth..combinations of...smoked...swallowed and snorted whatever is on the table for the night and in conjunction with. ..etc...it's usually for different reasons at different times...to sleep...to wake up...to cut down..to get through a rattle....to enhance the high or just for variety...a heroin addict is a drug addict...I don't know anyone who only does one drug all the time...we may need dope to stay well but we will use most anything with it...or in between it....

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on January 23, 2017, 5:49 PM

Posted: January 24, 2017, 8:51 AM
thank you guys

he used everything before but spiking heroin was his love
so...his clean ? no mark on his arms anymore...but i know you can spike using other parts of your body right ?

he doesnt look like his using but sometimes like i said before i get suspicious because his in the bathroom a little longer than usual
and sometimes his eye have tiny pupils

some days his just a lil too friendly ,too happy ,too loving ,abnormal to what i know...
like suddenly wanting to be more involved in church
wanting to read the bible with me
buying me gifts out of the blue
working and keeping a job he isnt happy with all because he wants to start a family and grow with me.....and he gives all his money to me...and i give his cigs money and food and if he asks for more then its usually to buy me something

all this stuff

but he wont just take a damn test or go to NA meetings anymore :(

Posted: January 24, 2017, 8:56 AM
the drinking was an issue in the beginning right after rehab he would want to drink every weekend

eventually that stopped and now he only ever drinks if im with him .or if i feel like having a drink or he will ask me if he feels like it

Posted: January 24, 2017, 4:54 PM
oh you can inject anywhere really from veins to pop skin , i use to use groin so my hand arms legs are clean no marks .. you have those who inject in small veins between toes :( or simply pinch "love handle" and inject heroin in tissue after 10 min you feel like you injected in vein (i tried that as well)

Posted: January 24, 2017, 4:57 PM
honestly he sound to me like person well on recovery way to get better or person who got better, maybe he pops in pill here and there when in backpain ... it looks like you are controlling money and he does spend his free time with you ... could be you are very afraid of him slipping and those fears are influencing you thinking he is up to no good?

Posted: January 25, 2017, 2:16 AM
hey bonnie
i know he has changed completely and i feel sometimes i do maybe let the past get the better of me but last night ,we argued right ,then i layed down and when i got up a call came through for and i asked him to speak to this people who wants to buy our car and while he was talking on the phone
his eyes......they were pin point tiny ,he was looking like he could shut his eyes any minute the way they were going all lazy and hazy and sleepy .i literally got on my knees and cried and begged him to tell me whats going on,i asked me to tel me what his using ,i wouldnt kick him out and i really wont ,i just want to feel apart of his world ,so i can know ok his using this and thats why his like this and then take it from there , its better knowing than not knowing anything right ?....

he looked at me and said his not using anything and he will get a place to stay soon because he thinks we should take a break.

he asked me if he should rather lie and say he is using ,so what the hell!!! his eyes are just f*ck'd up naturally ??!?!!

aaarhgh :( frustrated

This post has been edited by Roc93hell on January 25, 2017, 2:17 AM

Posted: January 25, 2017, 6:07 AM
Stop. Please stop. Please stop badgering, hovering, questioning etc. Go get help for yourself; go to alanon or naranon and learn how to take care of yourself first before you drive him and yourself more insane than we already are.

Posted: January 25, 2017, 12:08 PM
"i just want to feel apart of his world ,so i can know ok his using this and thats why his like this and then take it from there , its better knowing than not knowing anything right ?...."

Unless you want to be a drug addict ,you will never be a part of his world. He is worlds apart from your views and experiences if he is a drug addict and once you are one --you are always a drug addict and in recovery!

Lori

Posted: January 27, 2017, 12:14 PM
I am an addict who is in love with an addict. There is always something else. It does NOT matter if its a nerve pill, pain pill, muscle relaxer...I dont care what it is, if it makes you feel good for even a half second, we want it. I want something right now as we speak and I am at work, living my life while I suffer through withdrawal....Its only been a few days but I literally feel like I am going to die. I have even considered going back to the dentist to get a tooth pulled, just for the pills. This life is no joke. It is a disease that we have to fight on a daily basis. Life doesnt stop so neither can we. I have 2 boys who rely on me so that means, i cant be sick. I cant have bad days, I cant suffer, I cant have problems....at least not show them. I have to pretend to be a great Mom so that my boys dont have to go through this. Yes I do suffer, yes I hurt, I cry alone in the bathroom when they go to sleep....like I said....life goes on so that means we have to too.

Theres always more, always. Drugs hold no grudges....they will become a part of anyone.

Posted: January 27, 2017, 5:06 PM
Bertie....the cycle sucks...I know....stay safe.. ..I know what it's like to be functional and exhausted and fighting the sick all at the same time...stay sane

Posted: January 27, 2017, 10:28 PM
Con
I finally got it!!! I use to always ask questions, push rehab and count
The days clean. I think that's what this past week was about for me..
Letting go!
Z will know I love him but I'm not enabling, asking questions or pushing a Rehab.
It's his choice.... his journey.
Hugs
Paula

Posted: January 27, 2017, 11:13 PM
Yeah Paula! I am praying for you and Z!! Each day will be better! Stay the course!

(((HUGS))) Lori

Posted: January 29, 2017, 3:16 AM
P...congrats...your kicking junkie enabling a**...stay strong

Posted: January 29, 2017, 10:17 AM
Paula . . .

You never told me not to. . .

SOOOOOOOOO. . .I'm going to do it. . .

I'M SNOOPY DANCING FOR YOU!!!!!!

You go, girl!!!

Smooches,
Lynn
xoxo

--------------------

I forgot to read the fine print, when i signed up to be your Mom. I thought it would be smiles & hugs and quite a lot of fun.

I didn’t see the part about addiction, mental illness, pain, hopelessness or despair. I didn’t know life could be so flipping unfair.

But I now see something in the fine print that I didn’t see before. It also says to survive your addiction, I must love me more.

In Loving Memory of my angel, J. #forever21 #ihateaddiction #foreverloved

Posted: January 29, 2017, 10:45 AM
Roc - Ditto to Con's & Lori's advice. . . You will drive yourself insane . . .certifiably crazy. . .cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs trying to understand something that is genetically, biologically, physically and emotionally foreign to you and me, as non-addicts. We will never every get 100% of it. Never.

I truly do understand your desire to understand. But. . .stop!!!! Even if you do something crazy. . .like try heroin, or coke or meth or crack in the hopes that you will get the understanding that you crave . . .there is a possibility that they won't do a damn thing for or to you. In my youth, I tried heroin. . .didn't do a damn thing for me. Coke is still readily available & is free, if I wanted. But I don't feel a thing but the drip. So why do it? I broke my neck & can easily get any pain pill I desire . . .I've got a 3 year old prescription for 90 Tramadol that still has 70 pills in it. Pills ain't my thing. Now. . .offer me some free weed . . .LOL

Seriously. . .all jokes aside . . let's not forget. . . There's a possibility that you could wake up and be dead. You could take too much . . . or it could be cut with the wrong shyt. . . or it could be too pure.

Or, your experimentation may lead to you being hooked. Unlike me, you may get high and like it. Remember no one starts out by saying, "I think I want to be an addict!"

SO. . .please focus on what you have control over . . .AND THAT IS YOU!!! Even if you "understood" what would/could/should that do?

Just my 2 cents,
Lynn
xoxo

PS Welcome Bertie!!! So happy that you found us; so sorry that you need us. . .

This post has been edited by hurtingmom on January 29, 2017, 12:08 PM

--------------------

I forgot to read the fine print, when i signed up to be your Mom. I thought it would be smiles & hugs and quite a lot of fun.

I didn’t see the part about addiction, mental illness, pain, hopelessness or despair. I didn’t know life could be so flipping unfair.

But I now see something in the fine print that I didn’t see before. It also says to survive your addiction, I must love me more.

In Loving Memory of my angel, J. #forever21 #ihateaddiction #foreverloved
post replypost new topic