post replypost new topic
Not My World

Posted: August 20, 2016, 8:22 AM
My ex/baby's mama/now live-in girlfriend is a meth addict. I don't know what is important to the eventual question I will get to because I know nothing about this world where people use drugs recreationally, to cope or for whatever reason. This is all new to me and extremely overwhelming so bear with me.

A few weeks ago, my better half admitted that she had relapsed and started using meth again. We weren't together when she was using before so the signs were confusing as hell to me and I didn't put it all together. It did explain drastic mood swings and the difference between her acting like she hates me and her talking about us getting married again 12 hours apart. My first reaction was to console her and assure her that I wasn't going to throw her out.

Long story short, her contention is that for about $400/month, she can use a nominal amount of meth daily or every other day and function in her role as General Manager of a restaurant and maintain a harmonious home life. It sounded completely logical and she did agree to see a doctor about some meds that would allow her to not use meth.

My question to you guys is "Is that sustainable for a short period of time until she can see a doctor and hopefully get on meds to help?" Is that something that all addicts posit just to have their partner OK with them using? Should I take a harder stance and demand that she enter rehab?

Thanks,
J0be

Posted: August 20, 2016, 2:08 PM
Jobe,

Your situation sucks, and I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You know what your wife is doing is creating a miserable situation for herself, you & whatever family you have.

I know that from personal experience. (MY daughter is 20yrs old & a Heroin addict)

It turns things upside down. Shakes things up like a snow globe. It's hard sometimes to take a hard stand against it & the lines get blurred because they're people that we love dearly. But, if she's using you should NOT help her by paying for it or even agreeing to it.

Meth is an awful drug. None are good. She needs to get help. My daughter won't go (yet, though I hope she'll get into a rehab, halfway house, whatever. Got her set to see her doctor.

They can get some help with meds, but ultimately they have to stop using, no tapering, whatever. It's prolonging the agony, in my opinion. But then I'm not an addict & I do see how hard it is when my daughter starts to withdraw, over & over again. It is an evil thing addiction. ( to a drug of any kind..)

So don't be surprised if she is shocked that you won't help her. They're usually the victim in their opinions. My kid does.

Just keep coming on & posting. You should have more replies & input from here. We're a good bunch & we care.

Stay strong.

Love & God bless you,

Dee

Posted: August 20, 2016, 9:36 PM
A friend of mine found out her son was doing Meth and it's a hard drug to get off. My sons choice of drug is crack or heroin just as bad or the same. She should get professional help. Don't cut any slack with her. Clean up now or your history because it will keep coming back to haunt you. Show her these pics on this website of drug addicts before and after pictures. It's pitiful but might scare her straight. (Drugs and Mugs.com) Google you'll find it. I'm sorry your having to go through this as its a nightmare. Good luck.

Posted: August 20, 2016, 9:47 PM
Thanks Dee. To clarify, she has not asked me to fund her habit. We are in the middle of a 10 day period where she isn't using because she can't get the meds and the drugs. The good news, I guess, is she is in control enough not to use unless she has the prescription meds to balance it. It makes for a pretty miserable home life though.
One of the hardest parts for me is trying to decipher what the real her is like.

Posted: August 21, 2016, 3:23 PM
Jobe
Normal?...kind of. ..sort of
...when I was waiting to get on methadone I needed to use..maintain. .my doc is heroin. ..methadone is one of those "meds"...however. ..I didn't talk to my spouse about the amount. .so i find that a bit weird...amount equals her habit...baby habit...maybe 80 a day...in deep...300 -600 to insane...more you use...more u need...tolerance goes up..so do your drugs...it never ever stays at one level...we're addicts...we can't control s***...believe me...I've tried so many times it's ridiculous. ..

This post has been edited by constantine on August 21, 2016, 4:39 PM

Posted: February 6, 2017, 3:05 AM
$400 Depending on your locations she's doing about. 3 1/2 maybe 4 grams a month with that pla she came up with. She just playing control games with her and drug. Nothing ever positive comes from doing that and no she won't win either. You'll be put thru hell too girls and crystal = crazy and get pushed to the extreme u don't even wanna know...Meds don't help that Depending on what time of month it is leads to emotional basket cases. Enjoy these time when she can't get it makes it easy to not use when it's not around.

Posted: February 6, 2017, 3:58 AM
Libra...check the dates on the posts...these are pretty old....
post replypost new topic