post replypost new topic
Woops.
Dee

Posted: August 17, 2016, 7:38 AM
Hi guys,

Headed to court! Say a prayer for us!

Lynn, thanks so much for responding. Our situations are identical, and although I wish it wasn't happening to our kids, it is. And, I'm so glad we have eachother. At least we can share shoulders.

I am here for you always, too. Love ya!~

Love & God bless you,
Dee

Posted: August 20, 2016, 10:49 AM
Hi Dee
I just wanted to check on you and see how everything went in court.
How us your daughter?
I'm new to this sight but I want y'all to know how much each one of you are helping me.
Y'all understand (when my fiancé has no clue....very frustrating).... Sad I have to go to other people for support.
He just thinks my son is weak and should quit. Anywho lol
Thanks Dee

Posted: August 20, 2016, 12:08 PM
Plopez,

This is my post about court. Thank you for thinking of us.
I'll get back to you asap. My other daughter locked her keys in her car. Gonna be one of those days...
Talk to you later.

Love & God bless you,
Dee

Hello all,

Where to start....took my daughter (20yr) to court today to testify against her ex-boyfriend who had sex with an 11 year old girl. (He's 23) He's out on bond. Nice huh? You'd think they'd wanna lock people like him up! Turns out his lawyer has had his trial postponed over for this 'n that. They should have his trial sometime between Oct and Feb. Lovely. If he harasses Kayla though, she can call the cops & he will be arrested & his bond will be revoked. Guess what I'm hoping for. Twisted I know. The thoughts I have these days....

It was a crazy day. Kayla & my other daughter got into it in the car, after we talked to the prosecuting attorney. Always been a jealousy thing there, both are of each other. Each thinks the other is my favorite. Huh?! My DOGS are my favorites! :) Seriously.

But have to share.....at the end of this meeting, the lawyer extends his arm & shakes my hand , says I am a very good parent. I'm like , (in my head) "What?" "Did I miss something?" "Am I on candid camera?", lol.

He said Kayla talked of nothing else the last time they met, but how much she loves her mom & how I'm the only one that hasn't given up on her...He said it's rare & he respected me for that, and for being a good & responsible parent. (Could have kissed him full on the lips! And he wasn't even cute, lol) ) It was like a star on my forehead like Sue said! lol

If it came from Kayla, I would have thought she was bulls***ting me.... I thanked him. He didn't have to tell me that & it made my crumpled little heart plump up a little again. Guess God knew I needed a little "umph". I had to share that with you all because I know it's what should be said to ALL of us! There are SO MANY of us walking wounded that never get a caring glance, a smile or a kind word....and we really ALL do deserve it.

My older daughter is moving back with us to go back to school. She can't work enough hours to pay rent, her bills & go to & do well in, school. She quit drinking & is working double shifts to finish up her lease. We were at her apt. ALL day. I've been working since 6 am. but I needed to talk to all of you.

Got a LOT done! Hope to get finished as much as we can, tomorrow then shop for a storage room for her furniture etc. She lost her scholarship like Kayla, but is going back to school after we get her all moved in & her s*** straightened out.

That looks bright, though I sense my empty nest never stood a chance! I know we'll survive, but I'll tell you all in advance, I'll be on a LOT more! lol Free listening to my venting is hard to come by.

I really don't know how things are gonna work out. My house is a wreck. I can hardly catch my breath. I need all your prayers. I have quite a few health issues. Truth is I don't know how I'm gonna spread myself out so thin & last. I just know I'll have you guys & it means more than I can ever express well enough in words.

Love & God bless you all,

((hugs)) Dee lopez
post replypost new topic