post replypost new topic
Temporary Delusional Breaks From Reality Risks
Sarah

Posted: August 8, 2016, 5:18 AM
Hi my bf has been suffering from temporary delusional breaks from reality where he seems to wake up from sleeping and start talking complete nonsense. He usually thinks he is somewhere else. He tells me things are going on that are not going on even though his eyes are open. The stories are elaborate and he seems to possess more intelligence in this state than his normal state. i.e. he uses bigger words, has a quick wit, and will quote people he hasn't or doesn't remember knowing when he is in his normal state. He will also say tons of things that don't make sense or seem to make a weird kind of symbolic or figurative sense that in his normal state he would never understand. Before last night these breaks from reality would generally last between 2-10 mins with a few lasting maybe almost 20. Then he would fall back asleep and wake up "normal" or his usual self I should say. Last night I recorded 35 mins of his delusional ramblings, but that was only half of the time. He also went to sleep and woke back up in a delusional state 4 times before finally waking up his usual self. I am so worried that one day he will not come back. I wish I knew who to talk to about it and what the chances of permanency are or aren't and why it happens to him.

Posted: August 8, 2016, 12:22 PM
Sarah,
What kind of drugs is your boyfriend using? I would not stay in the same house as him if I were you, seeing as he's having these breaks from reality. It's not a safe place for you to be.
Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

Posted: August 8, 2016, 12:38 PM
Hi Sarah, You should not stay there with him. If he takes on the personality of a bad person in these episodes he may murder you! You just never know. You need to get away from there! My daughter was getting beaten badly by her boyfriend who was on drugs. He tried to set her on fire, banged her up against the wall so hard so often that she had no feeling from the neck down one night. There's more but I could be here all day telling you it. He (ex) took seizures from drugs but still no excuse for his behavior. Get out and away from him. He has passed the point of no return with whatever he is taking. I take it you don't do drugs?? If this is so then why are you even with this guy? Get rid of him! Good luck! Mary.

Posted: August 8, 2016, 12:53 PM
I sometimes wake from a deep nod and am unable to differentiate ..i.e....having a conservation in nod and wake up still talking...or wake up and wonder who had been talking...
post replypost new topic