post replypost new topic
Xanax Is Ruining My Friend
Sarah

Posted: June 23, 2016, 2:50 AM
Hi I'm a very worried friend of a girl who has been abusing Xanax continuously. She has constantly called me crying on how she wants to be off it but can't because she feels the desire to have more. It's ruining her social life and her work life. My friend is only a junior in high school and has multiple episodes of have suicidal thoughts and feeling alone. She has taking them with alcohol and in large dosages. I am horrified of what will happen if this doesn't stop. Can someone tell me what I can do to help her?

Posted: June 25, 2016, 8:19 PM
Hi Sarah, I thought I'd answer you as I see no one has got to your post yet. Your very caring and a good friend to be concerned about your friend. Best thing you could do is tell her parents. If you don't want her (your friend) to know its you that told them, then send a letter to them at their house. But it would be good to try and get this stopped before it's too late. I'm the mother of an addict and I wish I had got a letter to tell me my 17 yr old had been using heroin. That's 18 yrs ago now. She also likes to abuse Xanex now.I don't understand friends not telling things to the parents when a kids in trouble. The only way your friend will get the help she needs is if her parents are told. Good luck. Mary

This post has been edited by Mandm on June 25, 2016, 8:20 PM

Posted: June 25, 2016, 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry to read about your friend. I completely agree with the post above, you should really reach out to her parents and if you don't feel comfortable then I agree with writing a letter. Xanax mixed with alcohol is not good AT all and is very dangerous. There is help out there for her and you being the one to help open those doors and not just look the other way makes you an amazing person! She is so young and so much life ahead of her. All the luck to you!

Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:02 PM
My daughter was raped years ago and her friends knew and no one told me or my husband. Not even my daughter. I just will never understand why. Then years later when she was on pills she told me. But it was too late to do anything. I took a dislike to her friends after that and blame them for not telling me. I think if I had known I would have got her the help she needed then and she wouldn't be on all sorts of pills today. So please tell her parents. Natalia 😭

This post has been edited by Natalia on August 10, 2016, 10:12 PM
post replypost new topic