Homeless Son
Posted: January 11, 2016, 1:43 AM

Hi, I'm new to this website although I am not new to the problem of having sons on meth. I have known all along that there are a lot of moms going through what I have and worse. It's winter,18 degrees, my son,40 years old is homeless and the other is in prison for making and dealing meth. At least I know he is warm and fed. The oldest one is 48.
My homeless son is also mentally ill. For years I think I tried to find some kind of comfort in that ,but, it has occurred to me that his illness wouldn't be near as bad if he would get off the meth. He has been doing this since the age of 15. I put him in every rehab I could, all to no avail. The only time he is halfway clean (and I mean halfway, because they can get it in jail/ prison too) is when he is locked up. I don't think the jails and/ or court systems know what to do with all of them. I thought for years that if he could get on disability, that he would get his own place and settle down. I was wrong. Now he is still homeless, gets over $800. a month and spends it all making and using meth.
The only hope any of us has, is prayer! Let's all pray for Jesus to come into these lives of our loved ones to change their minds and hearts. I will pray for all of you and yours,and will ask the same of you. I too feel guilty,for not knowing what to do, for having a roof over my head and warmth,food,transportation,etc. we can be strong until they are there in front of us begging for food and shelter, then it's a different story. Thanks to everyone for being here for me.
Posted: January 11, 2016, 10:26 AM

Glenna,
How heartbreaking for you. We can all relate and I'm glad that you've come here to share and get support. My 29 year old heroin addict son is homeless. He was on the streets for several months but now is crashing with some other druggie. He has a warrant and I keep hoping that he'll get picked up so that I know he's fed and safe. Yeah, it's pretty bad that we all would rather have them in jail or prison than anything else so that we know they're ok. You are so right. I pray every day for God to come into my son's heart and life. That's really all we can do. My husband and I will no longer tolerate our son's lifestyle. We deserve to be able to lead a happy healthy life, we all do. God bless you. Stay strong.
Michelle

--------------------
Michelle
Posted: January 11, 2016, 7:41 PM

Same thing I finally got a reprieve today my son is arrested. I'll have a few weeks peace. Hope they sentence him to rehab. My sister said it well to me today.
His body is starving for drugs. It is so use taking drug for over 20 years. I don't think g he was sober longer than a couple months.
We all have same story.
I loved my son. I hate the man he has become.
Stay strong. Stay focus and be happy .
Posted: January 14, 2016, 2:06 AM

Thank you She'll and Helplessness for your reply. It is terrible to know that there are so many parents going through the same thing, but unless you have traveled down this road you just don't know how it is. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let's keep in touch. Thanks for your replys.

This post has been edited by Glenna66 on January 14, 2016, 2:08 AM
Posted: January 17, 2016, 12:04 PM

It does help to read this site. My homeless son has a badly broken leg, and walked out of the hospital the day after surgery, refuses to use crutches, and is suffering. Now he goes to urgent care for pain pills for the leg.... that won't heal because he won't stay off it. It is cold, raining and miserable out, and I just have to let it go. It is so heart breaking, but I can't fix him, I have to let him live his life. I check the jail roster regularly, hoping to see him in jail, so he can be off he streets.

Posted: January 17, 2016, 6:20 PM

I come often just to keep myself in checked. So I don't give in. I keep saying to myself if he wanted Change all he had to do is asked. He almost lost his arm this summer. Nine surgeries later he wouldn't stop. Now in jail and I can only hope they will sentence him to a rehab jail. I don't see it though he has been under the radar for almost 10 years. Put I prayed for him off the streets next day arrested so God has a plan just giving him over to him.
Posted: January 18, 2016, 12:57 AM

I know of a man that was sent to a rehab jail for 4 years and it has worked for him.. So far. He has been out for almost 2 years and hasn't used again. I hope and pray he doesn't pick it up again. There are those that can quit and et their life back. It's encouraging to hear of these. We can't give up! We can try to stay strong,however hard it may be. God Bless
Posted: January 18, 2016, 9:08 PM

Glenn
I don't know if the crime he committed will warrant that long sentence.. I honestly think my son needs life time treatment. He is self destruct mode with this girl he pick up.
Susan
Posted: February 25, 2016, 6:12 AM

Reading all this post make me realize I am not alone. But isn't easy I just find out my son is in meth . I am devastates scare hurt . I don't know hoe to help I know he needs to want that help. But I can't just ignore the pain he is and the one he causing me. Tomorrow I going take him to a rehab I can't have him home and he do not have a place to stay . Why the system is so hard we should be entitle to sign them up to get them recovery. I pray the same as you that he get arrested I had tell God I want him to take him bavk, I am so sad
  top of page  Top