Phenermine - Confused Husband
Confused husband
Posted: May 7, 2015, 5:29 AM

My wife and I have been together for 17yrs. Over the years she has tried many methods of losing weight. She's not terribly overweight but is a beautiful full bodied 55 y/o woman. One night while lying in bed I could her heart beating in her chest at 110-120 BPM. I asked her immediately if something is wrong and she denied it. I'm a medical practitioner and I know that a resting heart rate of 120BPM @ 11pm while lying in bed is very strange. So I then proceeded to investigate. I went through her medications and found the blood pressure medications that I knew about already but then found a bottle of prescribed Phentermine 😳. I was in shock. I researched the drug thoroughly and it explained the violent eruptions she exhibited over the last 8 months. Each senseless argument seemed like the end of the marriage. More bad times less and less good times. She wakes up blaming me for her insomnia saying that I'm snoring when in actuality I'm awake watching her as she gets up and goes into the other room to sleep. She also complains of headaches and abdominal pains as well as snapping at coworkers. Now because of her last self induced argument she stated that she wants space and has slept in another room for 2weeks now. She actually wants me out of the house saying that she doesn't feel appreciated. She barely talks at all to me. How do I confront her without ending what we have. So much more to write....
Posted: May 7, 2015, 8:11 AM

Confused husband,

We are moving your post to Families/Partners of Addicts where you will find others with addicted loved ones.

- the moderators
Posted: May 7, 2015, 8:20 AM

OA (Overeaters Anonymous) may be just the ticket for your wife.

Addiction comes in many forms and food is just one of the substances we go to for "medication" of our symptoms.

Here is HOW IT WORKS in OA https://www.oa.org/newcomers/twelve-steps/

They are the same 12 Steps used in AA, NA, GA etc.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Posted: May 12, 2015, 10:09 AM

I myself have taken Phentermine to help with weight loss/appetite control. I am in a awesome marriage and have a ton of fun with my husband, however I noticed that after the first month of taking the prescribed drug, that I too felt irritable towards everyone, especially my husband, he just looked at me one night and asked "who are you, and what have you done with my wife" REALLY..... I stopped taking the pills that day. He didn't know I was on them however there were other things going on in our life that I blamed my mood on. If I were you, I would just try to do things with her such as going for a evening walk, doing things that are active. They are basically speed. However lucky for you that they are pretty easy to stop, because after about 1-2 months taking them they don't work anymore. You may want to ask her about them, and ask her to quit taking them just to see if she feels better. She will be a little more tired, however she will be able to sleep at night, which is awesome. Again if she wants to lose weight or just feel better, get out with her, go for a walk, go for a bike ride, anything... it will improve your relationship and it does feel good.
  top of page  Top