post replypost new topic
Substance Abuse Linked To Boredom
Peep

Posted: April 17, 2021, 3:22 PM
HI, I'm young and I have ADHD. I get bored incredibly easily and feel depressed-ish (even more so, as of late) when there's nothing to stimulate me. As most know, marijuana makes everything interesting and fun and it's rare you'll be bored. Being bored is probably by biggest trigger for anything (impulsive behavior, depressive episodes), and I found something that strips it away in a second. So, because of this, I'm definitely beginning to abuse it. I didn't start very long ago but I am now smoking twice a day, during the day and at night, sometimes during (online) school and I always pack it in my bag if I'm going somewhere. I don't see myself being strong enough to put it away for just two days. If anyone is experiencing a similar situation, any help would be appreciated.

Posted: April 23, 2021, 5:08 PM
Hi there
I watched videos on youtube by a dude called Tristan Weatherburn. He used to be a heavy smoker and dealer. Now he's clean for many years and he's trying to help smokers by cognitive behavioral therapy. There's a video on his channel in which he lists 60 reasons to quit. I watch it each time I think I'm close to relapse and have cravings.

Posted: April 27, 2021, 10:41 AM
Welcome to my world,

I am an misdiagnosed person with "ADD", hyperactivity is age related
you will either grow out of it or learn to put it to good use. Consider it
a blessing as fat & lazy are not useful alternatives.

So back to ADD, have you tried coffee yet, it helps.
But the best remedy, and it takes a lot of effort, is meditation.
it's a great tool for the mind and the spirit. You may even consider
exercise, ie; running or cycling. Oh and do you read? I used to, a lot.
But seems something has been broken as I have lost that ability/desire.

I wish you all the best,
Larry

PS do not ever, ever try other harder drugs, please.

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
Queenghost

Posted: July 21, 2022, 3:51 PM
Thanks Larry
I had neglected the meditation for so long and starting tonight I want to use this tool along in my recovery journey.
post replypost new topic