post replypost new topic
Pot And Ritalin

Posted: November 12, 2019, 7:09 PM
I really like this forum it has turned into a habit for me to come and check regularly even when I was still using. I'm one month and a half clean off pot I used to abuse alot of Ritalin too. For me the most horrible effect of these addictions was that I can not enjoy the good stuff in natural ways like normal people and I know from now on I will have the burden of temptation with me forever. I tried to drink a little wine and it gave me such an awful depression afterwards so I know recovery means staying away from alcohol too like forever. This notion of forever clean seems like a really depressing future or everafter and I'm sure the effects of my addictions have altered my life and my relationships forever. Im kind of down today. I now know that the hardest part is to stay clean. I will be happy if someone shares their tips on staying clean.

Posted: November 12, 2019, 7:22 PM
I must admit that kicking Ritalin was way harder cause I adored it the bitter taste the focus and energy it gave me was unbelievable I would smoke afterwards and it gave so much pleasure that I would do anything to get them. This madness started four or five years ago and I thought I would become a great poet or writer definitely a fabulous artist. But all I did was ruining healthy relationship only to spend time with people I considered cool because of their addiction and to be honest I didn't become anything. I can't cope with the anger and frustration of thinking about my mistakes. I really need to get help.

Posted: November 27, 2019, 7:47 AM
I'm really depressed today. I think I'm going to relapse soon. Right now all I can think of is taking a xanax and I know where it's going to lead me. It's like a suicide note. I don't want to go around family and friends and bore them with my misery.

Posted: November 27, 2019, 10:12 PM
I managed to stay clean thank god. I just overate and has to do more exercise today. I hope I manage to stay like this in times of frustration

Posted: November 29, 2019, 10:04 PM
It's sad its getting vacant here.
☚ī¸

Posted: December 1, 2019, 11:56 PM
Are you still clean?

There are a so many other highs in life other than drugs... I found a high in having my son and watching him play and laugh when he was young, I found a high in getting married to the love of my life and enjoying the tender moments together, I found a high in talking to my elderly mother about her childhood and how mischievous she was which totally took me by surprise, I found a high in the love that my savior has for me.

I hope that you find your high in life away from drugs and look around at other things... faith, family and real friends.

Go to a meeting and look around where people are right there for you and with you.

HopeMom

Posted: December 2, 2019, 4:37 AM
Hope mom, thank you so much for the reply. Fortunately yes I'm still clean. If my English sounds a little bit weird its because my first language is farsi. Your reply really made me glad. I had already started to read other recovery forums, it's always helpful when I read other recovery stories. I should definitely find a meeting to attend I have post poned it since I feel awkward socially but I know its a very powerful tool and I'm going to find one soon. 😍
Lucy

Posted: December 8, 2019, 7:27 PM
Hello Momo

I'm currently kicking my weed habit so i can't really offer much on the Ritalin end other than taking it one day at a time. All we have is the 1 moment we're living in, and every moment we have clean is a blessing we grant ourselves.

Relapsing is the hardest part, the urges get strong but we can't forget our reason for getting clean- play the tape back in your mind. For me, it's getting high at work, seeing the disappointment on my peers faces, and the shame I felt. Take a second and reflect on yourself, and hopefully you can find the courage and strength to stay clean. Best of luck on staying clean, I believe you can stay clean.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 1:12 PM
Hello Lucy
Thanks for the reply. I wish you all the best for the new year. I hope you are doing well and still on the recovery path. Thanks for reminding me about this
"All we have is the 1 moment we're living in, and every moment we have clean is a blessing we grant ourselves" it gave me hope. I have to admit that although I haven't relapsed yet the temptation gets stronger on bad days.

Posted: February 11, 2020, 9:48 AM
New addiction : food
I realized that I've really damaged my reward system. I cling to anything addictive. Once it was pills and drugs and alcohol. Now its food. Huge amounts of sweets for no good reason and I hate it. I crave sth like Ritalin. Sth that can reduce my appetite. Anything. I feel really sad
I'm sure I won't relapse but I know the f***ing temptation is there forever hunting me.

Posted: March 13, 2020, 11:28 PM
Still sober. Craving anything. Not gonna get it. Wish I could control it like some people claim they can control it. But not me. Not in this life.
post replypost new topic