post replypost new topic
Just Quit Weed

Posted: August 2, 2018, 2:41 PM
I quit smoking a couple of days ago. I had been smoking everyday, multiple times a day, for years. Originally I had to quit because I had applied for a job, but now I want to stop permanently. Smoking weed has literally burned up my time and money. I have become a somewhat boring person without much of a social circle because I sit in my home, smoke, and watch TV or movies. If/when I smoke during the day, I can't accomplish anything. I don't exercise. My life is barely manageable. I have every reason in the world to quit, but I am having such a hard time. I feel like something is missing. At the times I used to smoke, now I just sit there not knowing what to do with myself. I feel depressed. But I need the weed to be out of my life. I'm giving away my nice vaporizer tonight and I will likely cry after. I've had it for so long. I cried today, and I don't normally do that at all.

Can you guys give me any help or hope?
This is hard for me, but I want to go through with it.
Cody

Posted: August 3, 2018, 4:53 PM
Hey man,

I've had an on/off relationship with weed for about 6 years now, I'm about a year sober now, with little relapses. When those relapses happen, I get the feeling that all the things in my life start crumbling away very very fast.
But it's just an impression. Because without weed, I built myself solid relationships, and a solid frame of life that won't let me down. That's what weed is keeping you from building. It's logical. I you start being autonomous and fulfilled, you won't get attracted to smoking in the first place, so marijane defends her territory and f***s your life up so you stay like a baby in her arms.

Off weed, after a few months, I started building myself back up. It's real quick, looking back it's like a band aid to rip, but at the time, I would spend hours sober doing nothing, watching netflix, throwing myself in s***ty relationships to cover the fact that I had an existential void. That void was there because I never built myself as a human. That's what dependency does, it's the whole idea of being dependent, like a baby on it's mother. I advise you to look up the addiction process, I don"t have any ressources about it RN tho. The thing is, a dependent being isn't free or complete, or happy, it ain't a full being. And let me tell you this bro, the second you will put weed behind you for good, you WILL spread your wings like a mofo. You'll be getting started on the path of a lifetime, a beautiful adventure.

My advice to you : trade an evil for a softer one. Keep watching movies for now, start broadening your interest a little bit. Don't feel pressured into anything.
If you try to change everything in your life a the same time, you'll get back up into your old habits or create new bad ones.
Use this new found time to do something cool, I personnaly started doing yoga at some point ( lots of free ressources and apps). It's light sport, very relaxing, kinda fun, can do at home, feels great.
It's an open door to for example other forms of numbing out, like other sports. For me, yoga was a gateway drug to spirituality and meditation, which opened a whole new f***ing span of myself, my life, and of personal happiness.

Peace, I wish you all the best, you're not alone, and it's okay to feel how you feel

Posted: August 4, 2018, 1:53 PM
Hey thanks, everything you said makes sense. I've been off weed for a little less than a week, and I do feel that void where I used to smoke rather than participate in life. I'm trying to be gentle with myself; I watched some Netflix last night. I was able to sit still on my own for a while, so that felt good. It also feels good to go to sleep naturally and wake up feeling more energetic. Many weird vivid dreams though. I feel like I have not had a dream in years.

I will just keep building myself up little by little, like you said. Live a real life, not in my little weed cave.

Posted: May 9, 2022, 8:50 AM
I am so glad I have no interest in smoking weed. it has been a very long time I quit. it gave me no motivation and I had crazy paranoia type thoughts that I would never had if I didn't smoke. I still have friends who smoke and work around people who smoke daily. Just glad that I don't do it anymore and I hope my kids never decide to do it either.

Posted: April 5, 2023, 12:56 PM
Any updates LotusBlossom? I'm pulling for you every step of the way!!!

Kindest wishes,
Helper64
post replypost new topic