post replypost new topic
4 Years Clean, Permanent Brain Damage??
Trey

Posted: April 5, 2018, 6:11 PM
So basically i started smoking weed at age 15 quit at age 17 after getting the hallucination effect that you feel your about to die, most of you know what im talking about. But anyway its been 4 years since then and untill this day i havent fully recovered. This might sound weird but everytime i smile my cheeks start to twitch and force me to keep a straight face, this happens mostly when someone tells a joke or im anxious or when i see someone i havent seen in a while. On top of that i have a paranoia that im being constantly watched. This is ruining my social life. Who can relate? Will this soon dissappear?

Posted: April 6, 2018, 7:58 AM
go to acupuncture, homeopathic md, naturopathic nd
rehan pakistani

Posted: April 6, 2018, 7:59 AM
yes this will disappear very soon,, so do not worry. you will be recovered step by step with passage of time,, so be petite and do not loose hope,everything will be fine and ok after sometime.god bless you dear.
Trey

Posted: April 6, 2018, 9:25 PM
rehan pakistanI Thanks for the reply, have you been through the exact same thing? If so how long did it take to go back to normal?
Trey

Posted: April 6, 2018, 9:27 PM
NyToFlorida Thanks ill check that out.
rehan pakistani

Posted: April 9, 2018, 4:26 AM
Trey , i used marijuana for almost one year, actually used 8,9 months containing some gap period of time. i quit marijuana on 7 December 2015 and today is 9 April 2018, so its been 853 days for me without using marijuana, and even a simple cigarette. Initial time was destroying, very difficult and strange. I dis not feel my legs properly, i could not think clearly because there was a fog on mind/brain , but i disappear with the passage of time. With the passage of time i remembered my previously body, my self which was before using marijuana. so i suggest you that if you are patient of depression ,then go to doctor and tell him your case briefly, with all details, no single thing should be hidden, after medication you will be normal after some period of time. Do not lose hope, hope is the most beautiful thing in the word,try to avoid the things which brings you down and low, keep your company containing good and positive activities.Best of luck for your health.I was also a patient of depression after quitting marijuana and marijuana abuse, but now i am almost 97 to 98 % recovered.keep going on, god bless you.
Jess

Posted: April 11, 2018, 5:42 AM
Those symptoms are really worrisome. They may have nothing to do with pot or “brain damage.” You may have some neurological issues that developed when lots of neurologic issues do—in your late teens or early twenties. If it’s been 4 years, I doubt your condition has anything to do with the marijuana. You should talk to a doctor and tell them what has been going on. There are meds that help twitches and paranoia. Feel better.

Posted: April 11, 2018, 8:12 PM
^^^ These symptoms only began after i quit weed.

Posted: April 19, 2018, 10:10 AM
I would agree with Jess.

Some underlying issues could be the cause. The timing may be
coincidental. Definitely speak to a doctor.

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
Trey

Posted: April 23, 2018, 12:18 AM
Larry live Thanks i appreciate it.

Posted: April 30, 2018, 9:58 AM
so, as a final answer, do you think that there is no permanent brain damage? i mean, in the end, in a year, 2, 4 or 10, but we can clean it up completely?

Posted: May 24, 2018, 1:02 PM
I am 64, smoked pot since about age 19. Have quit several times in my life for jobs. Didnt really bother me except for the first 3 nights, didnt sleep well but after that felt fine. I was never a wake and bake type as it only makes me tired during the day, so mainly just used it at night. I quit 6 months ago, as seems couldnt get much of a buzz, but soon will fire one up and wow - just like the first time again! lol :) Weed is good for you but not really for younger minds.

No one that I know who smokes has ever had any type of damage from using. So its not so good for your lungs but seems will not cause mental issues in most.

Its funny but I remember way back in the 70's when it was illegal, I smoked and did get a little paranoid because didnt want to get busted :). Then once I got my Medical Card in CA all that went away, I dont care if eyes are red or I may act stoned, who cares? Better than being a drunk and much safer.

Holly

Posted: May 25, 2018, 8:21 PM
I have known 4 people who have schizophrenia from using pot. Try a Chinese herbalist thy have stuff you can take to flush out your system also acupuncture could give you some relief.
Trey

Posted: May 31, 2018, 7:23 PM
Holly Thank you & some people dont understand how badly weed could affect them its all fun and games until its too late.
post replypost new topic