post replypost new topic
Tips On Quitting Weed
tristan

Posted: September 19, 2016, 5:35 PM
I have quit Weed recently and i wanted to know if anyone had any tips/suggestions on help staying sober?
tristan

Posted: September 20, 2016, 2:27 AM
Please add-in any tips you way feel helps(in any way)
Some tips:

1. Listen to you preferred music,
2. play games on the computer to take you mind off things.
3. avoid thinking,talking fantasizing about it.
4. exercise often and try yoga at least once before sleep.
5. Write down the Pro's and Cons.
6. think of all the people you've hurt and things you've did/neglected to get that sweet bowl.

todays close to three months quitting this hell for me let me know your stories...
I wish you all good luck quitting.....

Posted: October 26, 2016, 6:29 PM
Hi ,

I'm addicted to weed , it doesn't matter if I miss a day , I still chase my addiction. I'm the Classical nurse Jackie syndrome. My family does not have a clue , I am suffering mentally with depressing because of it . I am a song writer with important people wanted to connect to me , my addiction stops me from achieving my goals.

I need to make a change for the rest of my life , for me mostly .

Posted: October 26, 2016, 6:37 PM
I have set a date in my mind , I'm reaching to connect to someone that can guide me , just an ear and advise. When I'm straight I need to be high , when I'm high I dream of being straight , it's a mess and I'm tired now , I have success waiting on me in the music business . The addiction keeps from my calling , I want to be free. I went straight for a while and succeeding in recording my first professional song , that I would love to share . Sunwing airlines had contacted me for the song for a vacation commercial . My addiction stops me dead in my tracks , so many friends in the movie and music business that await me , and I just put thing off , again and again because my addiction seems to be running my life, I want to take it back.

This is my first time reaching , it's killing my soul , the person I am is being held prisoner from the addiction.

Robby jones

Posted: October 30, 2016, 10:02 AM
I am not addicted to weed. just nicotine. a friend recently quit cigarettes. he started vaping. and enjoys it. organic flavors. can wean down on the nicotine to just vegetable oil and flavor. less harmful chemicals. It can be something to replace the habit of preparing and smoking. Is it a healthier choice?. maybe. maybe short term.

Posted: October 30, 2016, 10:23 AM
The 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous enables millions of alcoholics/addicts get and stay clean/sober "one day at a time".

As a good friend says:
"Going to meetings sucks ... being a practising addict/alcoholic sucks worse !"

Why not give your local NA meeting a call -
It might just give you your life back as it does for millions.

All the best.
Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic