Been Smoking Since I Was 13 And I'm Now 33
Posted: October 28, 2015, 5:08 PM

Hi there. I have been smoking marijuana sInce I was 13 years old; by 14 I was already addicted to cracking cocaine, I went on doing this as well as every other drug I cld do until I was 20 years old. I then stopped doing everything except marijuana and have been smoking everyday for the last 13 years. The last 6 years or so I have been smoking anywhere between 4 and 8 joints a day... I now have a family and an awesome career but cannot go a day without smoking a joint. Please help! Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.
Posted: October 30, 2015, 8:56 PM

Speaking as someone whose partner is addicted to smoking both tobacco and weed, I just want to say that I think your choice to quit is really important and positive not just for you and your future, but also for your family. I really wish my boyfriend would make the same decision. Wishing you all the best!
Justine
Posted: October 31, 2015, 2:22 PM

I've been looking all over, and found a lot of waffle, but no magic tips and tricks. I think that one has to just stop and slog through it, and it's not bad. You just have to do it. I'm no expert though. Looking for tips myself. I'm 35, and been blazing daily for 20 years. No idea who I'd be without it. I wish you the best of luck... It sounds like you have a lot to value in your life, and continuing to smoke pot is making you unhappy. So say that to yourself in the morning. Tomorrow morning I stop. I'll think of you, I reckon it will help. It's harder to value your own life and see it all in context. Me... I'm a functioning pothead. I'm finally studying and I can't do as well as I want if I'm stoned all the time. It taught me a lot but the last fifteen years (!!!) have been a drag. It doesn't give me much. But so hard not to have that first one in the morning. Day after day.
  top of page  Top