post replypost new topic
Last Smoking Today, Quitting Until I Control
Eric

Posted: February 21, 2015, 5:13 PM
Hello there, my names Eric and am new to the forum. Before I go any further, I wanted to apologize for my english, and also for the lack of punctuation (did I even spell that right?) as Im not a native english, and also for some reason, google chrome doesnt allow me to use EN keyboard (as opposed to using my native language keyboard.. weird)

Anyway, here is my story: I am 20yo, have been smoking MJ for over 3-4 years (but the last 2 years or so Ive been smoking daily, sometimes even multiple times per day).

After last few days, weeks and perhaps even months to some extend, I have come to conclusion that I have to quit. I love the weed, I love the feeling, the medical effects, I love how it is so much better than alcohol or other drugs (and yes, I have tried other substances several times, but only so I could tell my future kids what that drug does, without lying or giving false info. MJ is the only one that stayed with me).

However, I realized, slowly over the weeks that the weed is taking away my ability to... control. To control myself, and especially the fact that if I didnt have weed for my usual "weed+games/movies nights", I would feel very nervous, and it would be all I could think about all day. I would be nervous to the point where I would either borrow, or just take money from my family if I didnt have any, just to get some weed. I am not proud of it, and I would probably never tell this to someone in person, so thank god for the internet... And if even that didnt work, I would just nervously sit at the computer until 4 am when I would just "pass out" naturally.

Today, I decided I will quit and I will do it " cold turkey ", but the withdrawals kicked in already and I am now giving it a last puff, so I can have an " official " date (and also, even if its super-hard to admit - because I just couldnt resist).

Before, I was off of weed for weeks, and it was no big deal for me, really. But now it seems like its going to be much harder to last the first week.

So, hello addictionrecoveryguide.org, my name is Eric and this is the last day I puff. Please, give me any tips, advices and just throw everything that might help me at me, especially during the first week. After I reach friday without smoking, I will be able to lean on it - Ill be able to say " hey, I already went throught he first weeek, worst is over" but until then, gods help me.

Thanks in advance for your responses, and good luck to all the other stoners out there trying to quit.
Elnaz

Posted: April 3, 2015, 4:59 AM
Hey, Eric, how is it going? Would like to hear how your story has continued, maybe find some answers and motivation :)
post replypost new topic