post replypost new topic
Hello

Posted: October 13, 2010, 7:49 PM
I am actually a drug and alcohol studies student and am close to graduating and I am doing clinical work. I am a work study student for the instructors in the program at my school. I am here doing research on issues individuals face early in recovery as well as individuals who may be in pre-contemplation (not ready to quit) I do have my own history and dont mind sharing, just a quick intro.

Posted: October 14, 2010, 6:55 PM
What do you want to know? I'll share openly on this board. I've had addiction since I was 14 years old, possibly earlier in other forms. My first addictions were to anorexia and compulsive exercise. I'm currently 28, soon to be 29. My mother is in recovery from an eating disorder and my father is a recovered alcoholic. I have a typical addictive personality. I don't care about making money off my story and so I feel fine sharing it for free for the sake of science. It's nice to think that something good could come of it.

--------------------
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott

Posted: October 15, 2010, 4:10 AM
Anything anyone would be willing to share is helpful from feelings and experiences all the way up to what was it that finally made you say no thanks enough for me and what have you experienced since (family-social stigma etc.)

NOTE
As a recovering indivual myself and professional I understand the personal and ethical need for confidentiality so share as little or as much as you like whatever you are ok with
Fleur

Posted: October 16, 2010, 3:44 PM
ariddle,

If you are willing to send me your email address at l I will discuss with you my journey to recovery and the project I undertook in regards to it.

Hope to hear from you.

This post has been edited by moderator on January 29, 2019, 3:39 PM

Posted: October 16, 2010, 3:54 PM
I will just post it in case anyone else would like to share a little more in private

This post has been edited by moderator on January 29, 2019, 3:38 PM

Posted: October 18, 2010, 6:52 PM
K ... if you want to ask me questions to focus my responses, that would be ideal ... if not, that's fine, too. I prefer to answer questions. If you just want me to randomly spill my guts ... I kind of get blank page syndrome and don't know what to say. Either way, good luck with your research!

--------------------
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott

Posted: January 29, 2019, 10:15 AM
i know some kind of help

Posted: November 1, 2019, 7:33 AM
For what reason, why. do you think so?
post replypost new topic