post replypost new topic
Life After Meth
Heather

Posted: December 3, 2018, 10:18 PM
What's life like after meth? Does it get better?
bob

Posted: December 28, 2018, 1:41 PM
Yes it gets much better. I had five years of heavy opiate usage and used stimulants of all types to come off the opiates - that was another five years. I found that rest, good eating habits, and exercise helped me push through the first 45 days. I'm now at 130 days and filling my mind with recovery related and motivational materials is my new "first thing in the morning" routine.

Posted: February 5, 2019, 2:33 AM
I am so scared that my mental health and my boyfriends also will never be back to normal...he has become delusional and phycotic after days of being up and using...I get very weepy and depressed and over come with grief and remorse and he becomes very angry and verbally abusive. ..we used to be so loving and caring towards each other..this man brought me flowers every day for over a year...wrote me over 40 love letters and poems..I know the people that we used to be. .

Posted: December 4, 2019, 7:08 AM
Meth is the only drug that destroys the endorphins in your brain that cause pleasure. Or feeling good. It takes approximately 13-14 months for your brain to start producing it naturally again. Which is the reason most people don’t make it to a year before they relapse. After 6 years of getting clean and relapsing I’m finally at 10 months and I’m finally starting to feel that old me coming back and feeling warm n fuzzy inside. It takes time but it’s so worth it

Posted: December 4, 2019, 8:57 AM
I used to abuse ritalin which has pretty much the same effect as methamphetamine. At that point I thought of it as cheap cocain and the whole crushing snorting was like a ceremony to me. I have recently figured out the reason why im having my back teeth cracked to the root its like a nightmare. I'm still struggling to deal with the psychological issues that this addiction caused me Last year I was literally losing it and I did horrible things I wish I could shift delete from my memory. I had to realize there's no action in life without consequence and how life is a circle out of which no moment can be isolated and deleted.
Beezy

Posted: December 4, 2019, 9:02 AM
Forgiving ourselves is the hardest parts sometimes. Give your mental state some more time. They say it takes 14 months for our brains to start fully naturally producing dopamine again. That’s why so many meth addicts relapse within a year
Beezy

Posted: December 4, 2019, 9:04 AM
My very back teeth on bottom and top are rotten.

Posted: December 4, 2019, 9:38 AM
I’ve started a free addiction recovery talk group. I lost my brother to meth and it almost took me too. If I can prevent someone from doing it or help someone struggling with it or just be someone who understands or they aren’t the addict and need to understand. I’m here to help. All free. Confidential.

***Please don't post personal email addresses. Thank you, the moderators ***

This post has been edited by moderator on December 5, 2019, 10:38 AM
post replypost new topic