post replypost new topic
Reused Tonight

Posted: September 23, 2018, 9:06 AM
I have been clean since May and met someone tonight that provided and I just went through the motions, even got a ride over. When I got there, I knew that I did not want to be there, he was super nice and made me feel very much at home. I still went though, I still smoked, and now I am left thinking about all the progress I have made and how I let myself and others who are counting on me down. I am afraid to tell my therapist, but I must, I can no longer continue pretending things will get better without a support system, without professional help, and figuring out what triggers these urges for me. It is sex, I am bisexual and single, it has become so easy to hook up with guys in the city I live in that there are apps, websites, all kinds of things to make it easier. This is how I was introduced to the stuff in the first place, hell, I could not have even told you what it looked like until I tried it and what I would do to go back to that day and tell myself not to go to that house. I can't do anything about that, but I can do something about now. How does one seek help in NA when they may have a high profile position in the community? This is my situation, I am afraid of seeking help and then losing everything because I was outed. I have been using a therapist who does not think that NA would be a good fit for me, but I am willing to try anything. I was seeing her weekly, then every other week, this is how I have made it since May, my use then was once or twice every other month or so, it is always used in sexual encounters. Can anyone relate?
post replypost new topic